Would you get an electric blanket for a 4 year old?

We have no heat in the bedrooms and not sure if a heater is a good idea.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:51 PM on Dec. 13, 2012 in General Parenting

• I would look for a cool touch heater before I would buy electric blankets. JMO.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:04 AM on Dec. 14, 2012

• I am confused why there is no heat in the bedrooms but I am not a fan of electric blankets and kids. If you can find a small heater that you can set up high like on a chest of drawers I would do that .
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:06 AM on Dec. 14, 2012

• No, I would not feel safe with that at all.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:07 AM on Dec. 14, 2012

• I don't know how secure those are these days. I've haven't looked at them in about 25 years... I would definitely check into that. I know my parents bought a mattress pad that warms.... is that possible?
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:26 AM on Dec. 14, 2012

• I don't think they recommend electric blankets for young children.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 1:41 AM on Dec. 14, 2012

• I agree with QM, look for a cool touch heater.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 2:05 AM on Dec. 14, 2012

• why is there no heat in the bedrooms.
    cool touch heater
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 2:40 AM on Dec. 14, 2012

• I would just invest in more blankets. leaving a portable heater in a childs bedroom is scary to me. I would just leave the door of their room open and give them extra blankets on the bed.

Answer by louise2 at 7:11 AM on Dec. 14, 2012

• I wouldn't. I would just put extra covers on. I grew up in an old farm house that was heated by a wood stove. We didn't have heat where we slept either. I actually think it may be healthier to sleep where the air is cooler.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:22 AM on Dec. 14, 2012

• I do not know why this place was built without heat in the bedrooms. It is a small apartment and there is only a wall unit for heat and A.C. in the living room. I'll probably just get some warm blankets. It only gets down into the low 30s high 20s at night and lowest maybe 55 during the day even in the coldest of winter so could be worse but still chilly with no heat. My husband and I sleep fine since we have each other's heat but I worry about my son.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:33 AM on Dec. 14, 2012