how do I know if my tubes came undone and if I am pregnant?

I had my tubes tied in april of this year. Im just wanting to know if there is a possibility that I could be. Because my period was only 3 days long. And it usually goes for 6-7 days.

sk8tergirl2012

Asked by sk8tergirl2012 at 2:46 AM on Dec. 14, 2012 in Pregnancy

• If you had a period, it's not likely the tubal failed. As you get older it's normal for length of periods to change.

Tubal ligations have a 99% effectiveness rate in year one. If you think you might be pregnant, you know what to do. It's not likely BUT ectopic pregnancies are possible.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:02 AM on Dec. 14, 2012

• First you should have goten them cut and burned.
    To answer: You will find out when you get pregnant.

Answer by louise2 at 6:56 AM on Dec. 14, 2012

• First - take a pregnancy test. Second - your periods will never stay the same - it's more likely that you just had a short period.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 8:45 AM on Dec. 14, 2012

• You can tell if you are pregnant by taking a test. Not sure how they would make sure your tubal didn't fail if you aren't pregnant though.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:46 AM on Dec. 14, 2012

• I had a tubal and my period is only 3 days now. They have been that way for 10 years now :)
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 1:12 PM on Dec. 14, 2012

• I had a tubal back in 2007, and since then I have had shorter, lighter periods. I would suggest you take a test, just to be sure you aren't, if it bothers you. There are ways to check if your tubal failed, but they all include going to a doc, which if you are pregnant is something you will want to do anyway.
    -Ashey
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 2:09 PM on Dec. 16, 2012