Regarding the mom of the octuplets

I understand why people are concerned that she will be "living off the system". Here is my question. If this woman had had these children without medical assistance (IVF) and over a period of time, would you still be upset if she were living off the system?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:35 PM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• YES DON'T HAVE KIDS THAT YOU CAN'T AFFORD
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 12:36 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• yes and no....yes i think that people have a responsibility to the kids they have to be able to provide for them. If you cant provide for 2...you shouldnt be choosing to have 6...and so on. If you are doing things in your power to prevent pregnancy and the good Lord decides to bless you with another baby then- to me- its different. The fact that she chooses to have more kids then she can provide for is my issue. She is choosing to have us pay for her kids knowing that she wont ever be able to provide for them
    Rysana

Answer by Rysana at 12:39 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Yes I would.
    Anonymous

• I would be annoyed she has 6 children she cannot afford to care for properly. I think any woman who is living off of disability checks and food stamps should not purposely get pregnant. It is irresponsible.

Anonymous

• Yes because it's called responsibility.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 12:44 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Oh yes I would. If your unable to take care of kids then you should use every precaution NOT to get pregnant. There are so many things that can be used to prevent pregnancy but yet and still there are people out here with way to many kids and living off the system. The first child I can understand but to keep having them and allowing someone to take care of them financially is totally wrong.
    mommatime78

Answer by mommatime78 at 12:45 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• she is not going to be living off ther system.. yea okay she gets some food stamps....big deal.. not a lot.... she wants to work...but shes gots 14 kids.... people still got ill feelings....

its her choice, might not be a smart one....but her choice what is the difference from her and anyone else needing help?
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 12:47 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I might be annoyed that she had 14 children and was living off the system, but my main gripe with her is that she purposely brought these children into the world in a manner that guaranteed they would have health problems. Now, health problems can and do happen in single births, and can't be helped, but to deliberately arrange to damage your children is evil.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 12:48 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• The difference is she purposely brought these kids into the world knowing full well she can't take care of them. This isn't a parent who got laid off or something and needs food stamps for awhile. She was already on assistance and still got pregnant. Yea she wants to work..how is she going to go to work with 8 babies that need to be cared for?
    Anonymous

• You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."

~~~~~ The late Dr. Adrian Rogers, 1931 – 2005 ~~~~~
    Anonymous