Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

What to do......I think I just found illegal drugs in my

Okay a quick synopsis, my sister and her boyfriend were staying here because he had just gotten a job and our house is closer than his dads (where they were staying). Well while they were here some of my moms pain meds came up missing so I took over giving her, her medications while keeping them all under lock and key. I had bought two safes one with the true meds, which I hid and one that was a decoy. The decoy safe had a note in it and green dye on the handle. The note, which had a very delightful message, was covered in green as was the key which I hide very poorly beside the safe in a jewlery box. Okay so I confronted about that and they have since left. Well they were staying in my girls bedroom and when I went to get the girls up this morning there was a prescription bottle on the shelf which was my old ibuprophen prescription. This drew my attention to the clear capsule sitting next to the bottle. It is an unmarked clear capsule with a white powder in it. My question is how do I go about getting this substance tested, or do I flush it? Also there is a 1 year old who is caught in the middle of all this. He is the only reason I let them stay here in the first place. DFACS has been contacted we just don't have his dads address (we are working on that). Any advise will help, thanks in advance.


Asked by luvmygrlz at 8:17 AM on Dec. 14, 2012 in Relationships

Level 30 (42,250 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (9)
  • so first ? why have you contacted DFACS?
    second, you didnt see this bottlw when you put your kids to bed? You didnt clean the room after they left?

    Of course if you think its illegal you call the police

    and thirdly, NEVER flush medication down the drain or disposal or even trash. Call around and find a drop off. We have enough crap floating in the water these days

    Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 8:26 AM on Dec. 14, 2012

  • if you want tested, you can go to police, this of course will make official, and any report will be available to DFACS

    do not know enough about DFACS to know if this causes you more hassles in your life than you want

    bump- maybe another mom will know more to help


    Answer by fiatpax at 8:49 AM on Dec. 14, 2012

  • You can use a pill identifier ( google)

    Answer by funlovinlady at 8:50 AM on Dec. 14, 2012

  • I would just flush it and move on.

    Answer by notjstasocermom at 9:15 AM on Dec. 14, 2012

  • no flushing of meds please ^
    goes straight into water system

    Answer by fiatpax at 9:19 AM on Dec. 14, 2012

  • Sorry I guess I should say my mom stays with me and my husband :-)

    Comment by luvmygrlz (original poster) at 8:18 AM on Dec. 14, 2012

  • @Luv-DFACS was notified a while back but we didnt have address. They were notified because the police told us to notify them the last time moms meds came up missing. They said they couldn't do anything and DFACS can have them drug tested but then they came here to stay for a bit then moms meds came up missing again hence the reason why I took over her meds. It's just a bad situation.
    Also my children are 11 and 12, I was at work when they went to bed, it was when I woke them this morning for school I noticed it.

    We have the police on their way so they can dispose of it properly.

    Comment by luvmygrlz (original poster) at 9:03 AM on Dec. 14, 2012

  • The police now have it, thanks for all the advice you ladies have a great day.

    Comment by luvmygrlz (original poster) at 9:38 AM on Dec. 14, 2012

  • If you drink coffee, put any pills you have in old coffee filter and place in plastic bag. Tie tightly. The acid from the coffee will dispose of the pills safely.

    Answer by PMSMom10 at 9:44 AM on Dec. 14, 2012