Any non religious, non cheesy marriage workbooks out there?

Need to reconnect wirh the hubby. After 10 years, 3 kids and a lot of rough situations, we want to try working on rebuilding, but can't afford councelling like we used to. Im looking around for couple challenges but everything is either dealing with god which we don't do, or stuff like hold hands for 5 minutes. . .which we already do lots of that stuff and don't need the guidance.

Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on Dec. 14, 2012 in Relationships

• The Five Love Languages. I don't know if it has any religious affiliation to it, but if it does it's easily ignored. There is a workbook part at the end, one for each partner.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:00 AM on Dec. 14, 2012

• I don't know about books, but I can tell you one small thing that makes a huge difference. Taking the time to do nice little things or leave notes for each other means so much. We've been married 15 years. My husband has been working nonstop for the last month and a half, and I barely see him. Yesterday I got a card from him - in the mail. It was so unexpected and sweet. We've left each other little "I love you" post-it notes in each other's shoes or coffee cup. He's written me love notes inside the pizza box lid so I would see them when I heat up left overs. It only take a second, but I love it.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:16 AM on Dec. 14, 2012

• I second The five love languages...it has a few christian references, because the author is christian, but it is not religion based...at all...I think it would be perfect. I've read it, and love it.
    Woman Power by Dr.Laura Schelssinger is a good workbook/book too...it is slightly religious, but again, you can overlook it, it is not shoved down your throat.
    Watch_me_burn

Answer by Watch_me_burn at 10:48 AM on Dec. 14, 2012

• JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:54 AM on Dec. 14, 2012

• Whether you like him or not, Dr. Phil's Relationship Rescue and relating workbook aren't bad.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:16 AM on Dec. 14, 2012

• nope
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 1:41 PM on Dec. 15, 2012