Mom freaked cause we asked her to meet him halfway.

It's an hour drive for my husband to take his daughter home. It's killing us in gas having to make the drive Fridays and Saturdays. He texted her asked where they could meet to drop her off and she flipped. Talking about how she has three other kids and that she can't get them out at night and so on and so forth. Well, if we drop her off as soon as she gets off work, thats two hours taken away from his time.

Are we really asking too much?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Dec. 14, 2012 in General Parenting

• Follow the custody agreement or stop looking forward to your weekends with her.
    FreeForAll

Answer by FreeForAll at 11:00 AM on Dec. 14, 2012

• depends. What time do you drop her off usually? Does she have to take the other kids with her and how old are they if she does?
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 11:00 AM on Dec. 14, 2012

• I don't know what your family life is, but if your DH is doing everything he's supposed to, as in paying child support on time, and being an active, responsible parent to his child, then I can't see why she wouldn't meet halfway. I do understand how hard it is to get 3 kids ready etc, and a late night drive, so maybe changing the time would help some...... Sometimes giving in a little might make it easier on everyone...

My ex and I have always met halfway, and that will soon change.... He has no obligations, no job, lives with his Mommy (he's 50 yrs old), so this Feb I'm having it all modified... He somehow has money all the time, so he can afford to make the drive, which he won't....
    My drive is 65 miles one way, and he's never gone out of his way. No school functions, doesn't want them to play sports because, he says it's too far for him to drive, he's behind on child support, the list goes on and on........
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:01 AM on Dec. 14, 2012

• Who moved further away? If she's in the same basic area where they were when the originally divorced, she may not have to share the driving. Usually the partner that moves away has to do the driving. If they've both moved from the original location, then they split the driving, and if she did the move, then she should be doing the driving. If you take it to court, then it's up to a judges discretion. He may just say 50/50, or he may look at each situation and do what he decides is fair, for our custody agreement, the judges looked at who moved. My ex had moved an hour away and he had to do all of the driving for years. When my new husband and I also moved, we had to share the driving.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:06 AM on Dec. 14, 2012

• Nobody moved. She's always lived there. They have no set custody arrangements yet (only for child support of course). He does everything he's supposed to. She gets off work at five and he drops her off at six. The other kids are 11 and 7.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:26 AM on Dec. 14, 2012

• What doe the parenting agreement say about dropping off and picking up?
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:30 AM on Dec. 14, 2012

• Well, if you go to court she'll probably have to share the driving. Either one drops off and the other picks up, or they meet halfway.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:34 AM on Dec. 14, 2012

• They have nothing regarding parenting in writing.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:43 AM on Dec. 14, 2012

• He picks her up at Walmart in the mornings on Fridays because she has to be at work. But then on Friday nights and Saturdays he does all the driving.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:45 AM on Dec. 14, 2012

• I should add, it wasn't me that asked her. He did it himself cause he's tired of doing all the driving. I backed his play though.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:46 AM on Dec. 14, 2012