Dardenella

Asked by Dardenella at 11:06 AM on Dec. 14, 2012 in Politics & Current Events

• Did anyone read the article? It is not about the insurance companies who most are excited about the act. It is about medical device companies having to layoff and cut back on research due to a 2.3% tax on their gross profits to fund the act. Just because it is Fox news does not make it wrong. I tend to be skeptical, but the fact is that medical device companies will have to pay 2.3% more tax on their gross sales when this takes affect and that money has to come from somewhere.
    Anonymous

• I feel like this bares repeating: Taxed Enough Already!

HHx5

Answer by HHx5 at 12:31 PM on Dec. 14, 2012

• This isn't the first article of it's kind (several sources) stating the same concerns. Unintended consequences seem to be all that happens when Washington lends it's brand of 'help'.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:39 PM on Dec. 14, 2012

• I like to know what Medical companies they are speaking of. The few a deal with are all over the HEALTH CARE ACT. So sick of it being called Obamacare.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 11:58 AM on Dec. 14, 2012

• It's fox news. Talking about Obamacare. The fact that you read it and believe it does not give me a peaceful feeling.
    FreeForAll

Answer by FreeForAll at 11:11 AM on Dec. 14, 2012

• It is obvious who read the article and who just looked at the title and decided what it would say without caring to read.
    Dardenella

Comment by Dardenella (original poster) at 1:13 PM on Dec. 14, 2012

• I venture to say it won't be the last either. Any change will result in unexpected consequences but when government is involved the consequenses are huge.
    Dardenella

Comment by Dardenella (original poster) at 2:44 PM on Dec. 14, 2012