Could you be with a man that disowned his children?

If you were married to a man that did not have a good realtionship with his children so he decided to ask their stepfather to adopt them to free him from his responsibility, how would you feel about that? Would your feelings differ if you had a child with him?

The children are 10 & 12 boys. The father sees them everyother weekend and every Thursday. They are not close because he does not make effort to be close to them.

txnmomof4

Asked by txnmomof4 at 11:21 AM on Dec. 14, 2012 in Relationships

• Also how can you not have a good relationship with your children when they're young enough to be adopted by their stepfather? That screams irresponsibility and poor parenting to me...
    FreeForAll

Answer by FreeForAll at 11:36 AM on Dec. 14, 2012

• Sara,you're disgusting.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:58 AM on Dec. 14, 2012

• Sara, really? You would ask your bf to stop seeing his daughter because of convenience??? Did I just read that right, because if I did, and if that's what you meant, you suck!! You NEVER stop seeing your child, no matter how hard it is. Its a child... YOURS!!
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 12:00 PM on Dec. 14, 2012

• Oh my GOD. Sarah what the fuck is wrong with you?

Low life homewrecking whore. If your 'fiance' had half a brain he'd start running NOW.
    FreeForAll

Answer by FreeForAll at 12:06 PM on Dec. 14, 2012

• Depends on his reasons. If it was out of convience (i.e. what SaraD is talking about), then no. That is either because he is worthless and looking for a way to get out of his responsibilty or has a woman convincing him that it's a good idea. However, if it's because of something like he has been out of the childrens lives for a long time (due to no fault of his own) and they have thought that another man is dad, then I say fine.

And Sara, I am surprised that your SO hasn't run screaming in the other direction. You are truely evil for making him choose between his daughter and you. And don't give me this "but I have his baby too" bullshit. Ultimately, what you are asking him to do is a choice between you and his child, and no man should have to make that decision.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 1:27 PM on Dec. 14, 2012

• SaraD: I swear you sometimes appear to have no soul. PLEASE leave that poor man of yours before you completely destroy his life!
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 12:06 PM on Dec. 14, 2012

• Jesus, SaraD! Really. Just when I think you have sunk to your lowest you always surprise me just a little more. You are a fucking nightmare.
    theMOMmission

Answer by theMOMmission at 12:07 PM on Dec. 14, 2012

• No, if he could turn on his own children, just think how fast & easily he can turn on you. Someone who does that lacks the ability to unconditionally love and, loyalty & compassion.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 11:31 AM on Dec. 14, 2012

• I mean really, encouraging a man to stop seeing his kid? Christ. Please go get sterilized
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:01 PM on Dec. 14, 2012

• There is too much missing from this question.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:27 AM on Dec. 14, 2012