How can I fix this? (fixing a jean pocket)

My ds has a pair of jeans and usually the get worn out from the knees but some reason the back pockets are coming unsewn right at the tip of the pocket where it is sewn, I tried to sew it but it didn't hold it. I ask him if he is pulling on the pockets he says no, I don't understand.

Picture the U of the pocket its tearing right at the tips of the pockets (left and right tip)

Thank you ladies!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Dec. 14, 2012 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Use fabric glue & glue it down.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:06 PM on Dec. 14, 2012

• For both pockets to be tearing, it almost sounds like the jeans are too tight across the butt, or something. Do you see what I mean, like maybe they weren't made correctly, and the pockets are ripping at the tops of both pockets because the fabric is stretching too much. Is this possible?
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 12:19 PM on Dec. 14, 2012

• @ Nimue930 that makes sense but the jeans are a loose fitting jean. I just find it strange that this is happening only on the tips of the back pockets.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:07 PM on Dec. 14, 2012

• Same thing happens to my DH, but only when the jeans are getting pretty worn - but that's the first place he'll wear a hole through them. I remember it happening to me too back when I wore jeans more, and it's happened to a few of my kids' pairs - I think it depends on the brand. Use an iron-on patch on the inside.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 3:26 PM on Dec. 14, 2012

• Yep, I'd do what idareyou suggested. Buy a denim iron on patch, iron it on the inside. If you have a sewing machine, restitch it down after you put the patch inside.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 1:00 AM on Dec. 28, 2012