Is your kids' lunch menu this screwy?

I get it,they're trying to get the kids to eat more fruits and veggies,but the pairings are pretty weird.
My son's school has completely gotten rid of any potatoes,and they have days where french toast is paired with raw cauliflower, cherry tomatoes,and celery sticks.
My son's aide said most of that stuff is either not eaten,or chosen

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 1:15 PM on Dec. 14, 2012 in Just for Fun

• Yep, and that's why I make their lunch every morning....
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 2:43 PM on Dec. 14, 2012

• I think ours are pretty normal. Not very different from last year.

Today's menu:

Breakfast - Whole wheat honey donut or low sugar cereal, fruit or juice, and milk

Lunch - Cheese or pepperoni pizza, romaine salad, corn & peas, peaches, raisins, and milk - pizza is served every Friday.

The screwiest thing about our menu is that raisins are served daily for lunch.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:23 PM on Dec. 14, 2012

• Wow. Who eats cauliflower with french toast. That screwy. I'm lucky our school has good healthy food with normal parings.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 1:25 PM on Dec. 14, 2012

• I looked at our menu for today.

Breakfast was breakfast taco, mozzarella cheese or yogurt and a pear
    Lunch was stuffed crust pepperoni pizza, broccoli, corn and apple slices

Pretty normal.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 1:31 PM on Dec. 14, 2012

• My kids live and die by the fresh veg and fruit options. Where they used to go to school at had a salad bar and fruit bar, when they came to a different school that was all fried- nasty food they decided to pack because it was awful to them.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 1:24 PM on Dec. 14, 2012

• Ours is composed by a dietician and balances out over the week. Today's menu was

Tomato salad, ham and mash, a portion of cheese and an apple.
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 1:31 PM on Dec. 14, 2012

• Ours are normal. They make the lunches for all the schools fresh at a giant kitchen in one of the high schools, then deliver them to the other schools every morning. Their fruit/veggies are usually in the form of raw carrots or celery with lunch, and apple or orange with breakfast.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:40 PM on Dec. 14, 2012

• today's lunch is a choice of cheese pizza, pepperoni pizza, sweet potato crusted fish w/ cornbread, chicken Caesar salad with roll and croutons.

Side choices are diced pears / grapes, carrot sticks, scalloped potatoes and a choice of milk.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 3:10 PM on Dec. 14, 2012

• That is weird. The don't have breakfast items for school though since they serve breakfast every day.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 3:24 PM on Dec. 14, 2012

• I always packed my children's lunches. I figured I could feed them better than the state ever could. Now that my youngest is a senior, he packs his own. I trained him to be self-sufficient. It is paying off!
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:12 AM on Dec. 15, 2012