Here's an "end of the world" post for you Beeky. Do you know anyone who is taking the 12-21-12 thing seriously?

My aunt is. She told her daughter to come stay with her the night of the 20th so they can all be together in the end
She hasn't bought anything for X-mas,nor has she decorated
I'm planning on calling her bright and early on the 21st to rub it in! :P

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 1:23 PM on Dec. 14, 2012 in Politics & Current Events

• Not really... But i am attending a post apacolyptic couture party on Saturday.. Kinda a sarcastic "we survived" party and a reason to drress up :)
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 9:26 PM on Dec. 14, 2012

• We're supposed to close on the new house on the 20th. I'm hoping we get to move in before the end of the world!spinning globe

ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 2:10 PM on Dec. 14, 2012

• I think its best that I don't know anyone IRL that believes this will happen, because the urge to screw with their minds is way too huge.

I would be sorely tempted to secretly unplug all of the electronics, telephones, and remove cell batteries on the night of the 20th.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:29 PM on Dec. 14, 2012

• no i dont...thank goodness!

my question has always been...does the end of the world start at 12:01 over in Japan so that we would know about the end of the world before the 21st? i mean the way news travels now, we'd know ahead of time.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 2:18 PM on Dec. 14, 2012

• Taking it seriously? No.
    But we do have a plan in place. Just as we did for Y2K and "the end" a few years ago.
    We gather friends and family and have a party. Then brag, the next day, about how we survived :)
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 1:41 PM on Dec. 14, 2012

• But we do have a plan in place.

Sometimes it's best to have a plan in place in case of psycho neighbors. We found out after we moved into our old house that the guy across the street had set up "illegal defenses" (raw live wire, etc) in his yard in preparation of Y2K, in case anyone tried to loot his house when everything shut down. We were very happy to move out of there as soon as possible.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:46 PM on Dec. 14, 2012

• DS heard about it and asked me about it (the Mayan) part a while ago, and I explained the whole Mayans don't have leap year thing to him. The other night he was watching The Universe on H2, and some end of the world show came on after. They mentioned the leap year thing, and he said he already knew that, why don't all these other people?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:32 PM on Dec. 14, 2012

• No I know is taking it seriously.  Though my kids have heard all about it in school.  

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 1:50 PM on Dec. 14, 2012

• Nobody I know either, I think it's kinda funny. Just to be on the safe side, I'll tuck my kids in like usual, give them an extra kiss or two, say a prayer. Then DH and I will celebrate the possibility of the end of the world by going to bed and who knows, I might even get lucky, lol.
    HHx5

Answer by HHx5 at 2:23 PM on Dec. 14, 2012

• Gosh! Poor lady.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 3:28 PM on Dec. 14, 2012