Would you choose your kids over your dh/so, or vice versa?

My hubby and I were talking the other night and I told him that, if it ever came to it, I would choose my kids over him. He got kiinda mad about it, acting like that was the wrong choice. I guess I just can't see how he would choose me over our kids.

So, to make this a question, if you were given NO OTHER OPTION and you had to choose between your kid(s) and dh/so, which would you choose?

spiritguide_23

Asked by spiritguide_23 at 1:31 PM on Dec. 14, 2012 in Relationships

• My kids come first no matter what
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 1:31 PM on Dec. 14, 2012

• Why on earth did you see the need to say such a thing when it will probably NEVER happen??? Why did you feel the need to deliberately hurt him? Why would you borrow trouble?
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 1:33 PM on Dec. 14, 2012

• Kids, always. Especially now that I'm their only living parent. A future stepdad ain't got nothin on my kids.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:33 PM on Dec. 14, 2012

• I would pick my children over my husband! Now the question is would they pick me? I think my son would, but my daughter is iffy, lol!
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 1:34 PM on Dec. 14, 2012

• My kids without a doubt.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 1:36 PM on Dec. 14, 2012

• It would depend on the scenario- life and death? Then yes, I would pick the kids and sacrifice my own life for theirs.
    In regards to picking the kids over him when it comes to date night? Hell, no!

Someone had touched on that ^^ topic recently. The member would rather stay home with a kid that didn't want her to go than go out with her partner therefore teaching the kids that while they are important, parents need alone time to build a strong relationship in which to raise the children to be emotionally healthy and stable partners themselves.

^^ And that is the Greatest run on sentence ever!
    :)
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 1:36 PM on Dec. 14, 2012

• In what,a Sophie's Choice scenario?
    my son,because my husband can care for himself

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:36 PM on Dec. 14, 2012

• kids because I chose to bring them into the world therefore I should think of them first
    txnmomof4

Answer by txnmomof4 at 1:39 PM on Dec. 14, 2012

• My DH & I discussed this not too long ago. If he had to make a choice to save the kids or I, I would expect him to save them first. I would save the kids first too.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:43 PM on Dec. 14, 2012

• My kids are adults, so I choose my DH. But really it would depend on how old they are and what the reason I had to choose.

Answer by louise2 at 1:44 PM on Dec. 14, 2012