Ok for a woman but not for a man?

If a man were to complain about a woman's "controlling" family-
Tell the woman he was her children's father (ignoring the biological actively involved father) and if she disagreed tell her she needed to severe ties with those children-
If a man admitted to controlling behavior and a desire to be in control of not only his house but the homes of peripheral family members-

We would (many if not most) advise the woman to run for the hills. Even go so far as to advise getting themselves to a shelter for battered women.

Why? Because isolation and destruction or control (whatever word you chose) of another person's social interactions is a form of abuse.

Therefore, one among us must acknowledge when their own behavior is abusive, controlling and detrimental. Not only to the mental health of their partner but also to themselves.

A normal, mentally stable person does not either demand or appreciate a partner who is solely reliant on them for social and familial interaction.

And that, ladies, is my two cents.

feralxat

Asked by feralxat at 1:58 PM on Dec. 14, 2012 in Relationships

• OHHHH, THAT question. I gave my opinion on it in the response I gave. It sickens me that a woman would ask that of her SO. And it makes me wonder what kind of mother she is to her child.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 4:24 PM on Dec. 14, 2012

• You hit the nail on it's head. Abusers control & isolate.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 2:00 PM on Dec. 14, 2012

• I agree with you. If a man was being abused I would encourage him to leave. I wish they had shelters for abused men...
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 2:28 PM on Dec. 14, 2012

• Wow that is some vent. I do agree but I am sorry you are feeling this way.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:02 PM on Dec. 14, 2012

• OK then?? Is their a reason you are telling us this?

Answer by louise2 at 2:04 PM on Dec. 14, 2012

• While I agree with what you said (whether the controller is male or female), I wonder why the vent?
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 2:25 PM on Dec. 14, 2012

• feralxat

Comment by feralxat (original poster) at 2:27 PM on Dec. 14, 2012

• All we can do at this point, is pound our head against the wall and suggest she terminate the relationship. It seems it will get worse before it gets better.
    feralxat

Comment by feralxat (original poster) at 2:32 PM on Dec. 14, 2012

• wowww
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 1:41 PM on Dec. 15, 2012