I'm I the only who feels like letting these kids be interviewed on the news is exploiting them?

WHY would a parent let that happen, and WHY would the news air it?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 2:14 PM on Dec. 14, 2012 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes. This is one of MANY incidences in which I'd like to smack some compassion into the media. These kids just went through a traumatizing experience. But sure, let's ask them to relive it for our personal...what? Enjoyment? Leave them the hell alone and let them deal.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 2:17 PM on Dec. 14, 2012

• I don't know. I'd be going home and coddling them, but that's just me.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 2:18 PM on Dec. 14, 2012

• Nope I'm creeped out by it. ABC is the only network blurring faces from pics...or they were earlier, not sure if that's the case now.
    FreeForAll

Answer by FreeForAll at 2:18 PM on Dec. 14, 2012

• now that i have my child (went and picked her up early) and can think rationally, i am literally in tears reading all the CNN news updates. with every passing minute new developments are coming to light, now there are a reported 20 children dead. this is so heartbreaking. i think all the children need to be safe in the arms of their families, not having microphones and reporters shoved in their faces.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 2:20 PM on Dec. 14, 2012

• I haven't seen the news yet. Saw a few things online and had some things I had to take care of. I have heard on the radio that there are 27 dead and 18 of them were children. But I will agree, interviewing them is exploiting them, IMO. They haven't had time to process what happened and the gravity of the situation.  Such is the media though.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:20 PM on Dec. 14, 2012

• ABC is the only network blurring faces from pics...or they were earlier, not sure if that's the case now.

NBC isn't, and they are going into a LOT of detail.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 2:20 PM on Dec. 14, 2012

• What more are you hearing NP?
    FreeForAll

Answer by FreeForAll at 2:21 PM on Dec. 14, 2012

• yeah, I think the kids need to be able to process, be hugged and cry etc not be paraded on tv
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 2:22 PM on Dec. 14, 2012

• Right now they have some shrink on insisting that most of these kids will bounce back and be fine because they're so young. I'm sitting here trying not to throw anything. Latest is still 20 year old (they're sticking with that number), killed a parent, found dead in the school. They haven't mentioned the custody aspect yet.

Off to the pickup line for DS bb in a few
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 2:22 PM on Dec. 14, 2012

• Ryan Lansa, age 24 (new update) No idea if that's spelled right. Now I'm going for real.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 2:25 PM on Dec. 14, 2012