EDD VERY Confused!!

My last period was 1-08 . We hardly ever have sex and we had sex ONCE around the end of Jan beginning of Feb dont remember the actual day. Feb 8 I was suppose to start. I started getting morning sickness ASAP . I tested and it came up postive ASAP went to the doctor and took a blood test and it was positive as well.
So I am pregnant and I have to wait till 8 weeks to get an ultrasound so I did own calculations and it says I am 5 weeks pregnant but I KNOW I am not since it's only been 2 weeks since we had sex. I don''t really have a question really just confused till I actually get an ultrasound to really how far along I am.
I am open to anyone explaining to me why EDD is WAY off.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:38 PM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Well they says your 5 weeks because they count back from day one of your period. So if you go by what day you acutally conceived it would be around 2 weeks. The ultra sound in a few weeks will help ya out more. Take care.
    Tris_09

Answer by Tris_09 at 1:06 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• yeah its a little confusing! they consider you pregnant when in fact you aren't yet. so the two weeks between you starting on Jan. 8th and ovualting later in the month are "technically" considered your pregnancy. make sense?
    sarahkaystone

Answer by sarahkaystone at 1:24 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• It is horribly confusing, Im preg, with number two and still don't really get it :) Basically, they cannot know the exact moment that you got pregnant so they go from your last period because they know for sure that you got pregnant somewhere after that point. It is the best guessing point pretty much. If your dates are correct about when you think you conceived the chances are that you will get your ultrasound at "8 weeks" and they will see that the baby is too small to be that far along and adjust your date accordingly. ultrasounds within the first 7 weeks are the most accurate for dating the pregnancy so you should get a pretty good idea. Congratulations!
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 1:38 PM on Feb. 12, 2009