What do you do for your kids when they are teething?

I have used the orajel and it makes my 7 month old daughter cry even more. I have tried teething tablets but i dont think they are making a difference. any ADVICE would be awesome! Thank you so much!

teeg1

Asked by teeg1 at 3:23 PM on Dec. 14, 2012 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I always kept their teething toys in the freezer and am also a big believer in Baltic amber necklaces.
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 3:24 PM on Dec. 14, 2012

• Abeacerhausen thank you! I will have to look those up!
    teeg1

Comment by teeg1 (original poster) at 3:25 PM on Dec. 14, 2012

• I just gave mine something to chew on and occassionally rubbed their gumms with my finger. Sometimes I put my finger on an ice cube before rubbing
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 3:28 PM on Dec. 14, 2012

• dardenella i tried that she freaks. her poor gums are so swollen i hope one pops through soon.
    teeg1

Comment by teeg1 (original poster) at 3:30 PM on Dec. 14, 2012

• did you take your other one to the doctor for the stomach issue? What happened, is he alright
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 12:28 AM on Dec. 15, 2012

• You can get one of those oversized pacifiers the 12-18 month ones, squeeze the air out underwater that way the paci will fill up with water and stick it in the freezer. My son realy likes that, its small and light weight.
    PolishMamma2

Answer by PolishMamma2 at 11:25 PM on Dec. 18, 2012

• Luvmygrandbaby Yes i did. I didnt do anything wrong by not taking him in. I was not neglecting my child. He was having bowel spasms and there was nothing any of us could do for him except tylenol. Thank you for asking :)
    teeg1

Comment by teeg1 (original poster) at 12:50 AM on Dec. 19, 2012

• polishMamma2 thank you very much! That is a great idea!
    teeg1

Comment by teeg1 (original poster) at 12:52 AM on Dec. 19, 2012

• A bit of rum !!! lol j/k u guys !!!! for me that was 7 yrs ago and really don't remember lol ....... i think i used some type of ointment for that and chewing toys. I remember my DD was chewing on a rubber duck and it broke her gum and saw the tip of her first tooth, lol, i was so excited !!!!
    Star88

Answer by Star88 at 7:34 PM on Dec. 26, 2012

• We had a prescribed gel
    escuchar

Answer by escuchar at 9:21 AM on Mar. 12, 2014