Brother-in-law's girlfriend issues?

In August DSS was called on me and my boyfriend by a spiteful ex-friend of ours. When my boyfriend mentioned it to his older brother suddenly they had had DSS called on them too, although when we asked the girlfriends mother she said they had not. We bought a cat for our son, because he loves animals. When we announced our son's "Gary" they got a cat for their daughter, which they ended up getting rid of because they could not care for. I bought a dog for my boyfriend for Christmas and now they are talking about getting a dog. When we got our own place they were talking about this new place that they were getting too, which wasn't going to happen because neither of them have jobs. When my son started walking, their daughter started walking a couple of hours later, magically. When my son started getting teeth they claimed that their daughter was getting one too (although she still hasn't gotten one and it has been a while). The day after we got engaged they did too and they even planned their wedding on the same day as ours. His girlfriend also makes comments about me that are negative, often about my hair, the way I dress, and the way I raise our son.

Could she be jealous? What should I do? We have tried cutting them out of our life but that didn't work and have said something to the girlfriend! Everything we do they have to do too and it is getting annoying!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:06 PM on Dec. 14, 2012 in Relationships

• That's some really petty shit. Screw worrying over there dumb asses and hug on your babies.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 4:26 PM on Dec. 14, 2012

• They're off their rockers. Don't worry about it—when people are not playing with a full deck, other people notice. Let them imitate you, just ignore it and don't change your plans because of their shenanigans.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 4:38 PM on Dec. 14, 2012

• How do you know they are saying all these things if you try not to be around them?

Answer by louise2 at 4:57 PM on Dec. 14, 2012

• Because MIL dearest tells us
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:01 PM on Dec. 14, 2012

• I would inform MIL, you do not want to here about it.

Answer by louise2 at 5:03 PM on Dec. 14, 2012

• Imitation is the best form of flattery... Just take it as a compliment, forget about it, and move on!!
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 5:50 PM on Dec. 14, 2012

• So I thought, until it become constant! It stops being flattering by then and it's hard to deal with!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:41 PM on Dec. 14, 2012

• Why do you care what they do?

Ignore it all.
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 3:35 AM on Dec. 15, 2012

• petty
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 1:40 PM on Dec. 15, 2012

• It's petty until you have to deal with it and you feel trapped! Instead of saying it's petty, why don't you give some advice?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:42 PM on Dec. 15, 2012