A new petition for the White House asking to arm every teacher and principle in schools...

If teachers and principals are armed and trained to defend themselves during a school attack there would be fewer casualties and less attempts to attack schools.

Fact: Crime rates decrease when the people are better armed.

It is time we gave our teachers the ability to defend themselves and stop pretending like a door buzzer is enough of a defense. Take a stand for school safety. Arm the teachers and principals today. A gun in every classroom will protect our students from massacres like the one in CT today.

I agree with it...if anything it may make a person think twice before a shooter decides to go shooting. 

Also, in case nobody knew this, or it may have been already mentioned, CT is a a "shall issue" state for gun permits. Which means, if someone wants a gun permit, they have to show just cause to want one. Connecticut statutes contain provision that allow law enforcement officials to pre-emptively seize a person's firearms without a warrant or court order, when they have probable cause that the person may either be mentally unstable or intends to use the weapons to commit a crime. 

I know this does nothing to lessen the pain of those babies being shot and killed, but it shows even with gun control, incidents like these will always happen. Most if noit all of these mass shootings have been in "pistol-free zones" Bad guys do not care about what the laws say. People can be killed with guns, knives (as seen in China where 22 kids were slashed.) Its a horrible senseless tragedy, and the nation and the gun control nazi's need to stop bickering on tightening gun laws, and start enforcing the ones we have. I am all for restricting and banning automatic weapons as there is no need for them that I can see unless you are military or police. But we do not need to ban guns out of the hands of law abiding citizens. We have the right to defend ourselves in anyway we see fit. If its by a gun so be it, or if we decide to a knife or a rolling pin so be it. We all cannot have the luxury of having the police minutes away. Guns will always exist, there never be a time a gun will not be availble. As the saying goes...

"If you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns."

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/gun-every-classroom-arm-every-teacher-and-principal-defend-themselves-and-their-students-during/BR1Wj8cc

Michigan-Mom74

Asked by Michigan-Mom74 at 6:49 PM on Dec. 14, 2012 in Politics & Current Events

• NO thank you...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 6:52 PM on Dec. 14, 2012

• Oh my gosh. Why not give the kids guns and teach them how to protect themselves, too? I'm sorry I do not agree.
    Hollyhock.

Answer by Hollyhock. at 6:55 PM on Dec. 14, 2012

• I'm on the fence on this one
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 6:56 PM on Dec. 14, 2012

• I am all for restricting and banning automatic weapons as there is no need for them that I can see unless you are military or police.

You don't have to bother. There has never been a single murder in the US with a LEGALLY purchased automatic weapon.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:57 PM on Dec. 14, 2012

• When I was in high school we had two police officers that worked at the school. They were there all day and even had their own offices at the school. I think that's a much better idea.
    Hollyhock.

Answer by Hollyhock. at 7:00 PM on Dec. 14, 2012

• No, on so many levels.

Not all teachers are mentally sane, look at the hussies who sleep with 16 year olds. Should they have access to a gun in the classroom?

We hear stories about neglectful teachers all the time. Where would the gun be stored, and what if a child finds it?
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:03 PM on Dec. 14, 2012

• No thanks
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 7:03 PM on Dec. 14, 2012

• What,you want them all to wear them in holsters??

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:03 PM on Dec. 14, 2012

• " Why not give the kids guns and teach them how to protect themselves, too? I'm sorry I do not agree"
    Oh good god nothing like taking it out of context!!!! You do not have to arm EVERY teacher! A few would suffice. It seems like nothing else is working. Schools are supposed to be pistol free zones, but yet the guy in CT used 2 PISTOLS. Maybe if the principle would have been armed, maybe he could shot and killed the gunmen. The teachers and principles would carry the gun on them, concealed and nobody, even the kids would know they had one one.
    Michigan-Mom74

Comment by Michigan-Mom74 (original poster) at 7:04 PM on Dec. 14, 2012

• Not to mention ensuring that EVERY teacher be informed on proper gun safety, state gun laws, obtaining necessary permits. It's just all around ineffective
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:04 PM on Dec. 14, 2012