Kegels... wth???

Ok I've tried. But I just don't get it. I've heard your supposed to tighten up the way you would to prevent from peeing yourself. I've heard to use the muscles you would to push a bowel movement. I've heard to just tighten, anything, anywhere you can. I've had suggestions of how to know your doing it right, from using your finger, then squeeze. I've heard to try and stop your flow of urine midstream. ARRRR, how the hell do you really do this?? I need it simply put without bringing my cervix or uterus into it. I'm so sick of peeing myself when I sneeze or laugh too hard. Honestly I cannot cut these activities out of my life for fear of putting damp spots in my undies.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:40 PM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Try this way: When seated, lift the floor of your bottom (the whole vaginal area) up as far as you can, and hold. One doctor told me to do it a hundred times a day. Another said they were useless. To me it makes sense that since they might help, to do them.

Answer by Bmat at 12:43 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Practice stopping your urine. That will give you an idea of the muscles you're trying to target...
    Anonymous

• You may have the same problem I do. Your bladder has prolapsed and needs surgical intervention. Ask your gynie. As for the keegles...stop your stream of urine and start again, that is the easiest way to practice. Once you get used to what it feels like to use those muscles then you can do them anywhere.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:08 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I've tried everything I just gave up and use pads I still do kegels,I was told not to stop your urine midstream when your peeing its bad for your kidneys...
    Anonymous

• if you don't klnow what musxles you exercise stopping your urine mid stream is pretty much theonly way to figure it out.
    Anonymous