Lice question...yay.

A student in my son's 2yr old class had lice, How many days till I know he's in the clear?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:47 PM on Dec. 14, 2012 in General Parenting

• your suppose to wash his hair then wait a week, i think thats how many days, then rewash it. make sure you spray every piece of furnature in the house with that spray that comes in the kit. if it helps, walgreens has this shampoo that you can use anytime (once a month, a week or everyday) shampoo that helps keep them out of the hair.

for some reason lice is very bad this year. there was an out break at our church in the kids' classrooms.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 10:53 PM on Dec. 14, 2012

• Last year when my kids had it, I was told of a product called Lice Ice. You should be able to find it at a pharmacy. Do NOT use Rid, it just does not work anymore.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 11:45 PM on Dec. 14, 2012

• We just went through this. We used lice MD, on DDs hair, vacuumed everything, washed everything in the hottest water possible, put pillows in dryer on high heat for an hour, and we were told to bag everything that we couldnt wash (like toys) in airproof bags for 14 days.
    My MIL just told me about a prevention that a lot of people are using around here. Its rosemary oil and no more tangles spray. 10-12 drops in the spray, spray in hair, and supposedly lice are reppeled by the rosemary.
    Good luck! Its so upsetting!!
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 1:09 AM on Dec. 15, 2012

• well that depends on the lice life cycle on the kid that has it. But, about seven days. I'd just comb each day with the metal lice comb to make sure you don't find anything. Oh happy day!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 3:01 AM on Dec. 15, 2012