When my five year olds bus arrived home today the bus driver waived me onto the bus and in front of all the kids tells me that my son who is five kissed the boy beside him which is also 5 and is in his class the bus driver seemed very disturbed and upset by this. I completely agree that my son should not be kissing boys or girls period. Should the bus driver had told me in front if all the kids is that normal persuader?

Precious41007

Asked by Precious41007 at 9:15 AM on Dec. 15, 2012 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I would.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 9:26 AM on Dec. 15, 2012

• Yes, how else is the driver going to get a hold of you. Also the other kids are already aware of this.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 9:32 AM on Dec. 15, 2012

• I agree with ryansmom, the other kids saw it so it wasnt as if it was something private and its best to tell when it happens rather than waiting the weekend and getting a call from the school on Monday
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 10:12 AM on Dec. 15, 2012

• The bus driver is not supposed to leave the bus. The only way she could have told you was if you came onto the bus, which I also thought was against regulations. If it is not and she spoke to you in a normal voice and did not say, attention everyone.......... I guess it should be fine.
    If as I think no she should not have asked you onto the bus due to regulations, then I would say that she report it to the school and and have it go through them. I don't know about where you are but here that kind of behaviour can get you banned from riding the bus on the second offense. (sexual activity of any type) Maybe she was trying to be nice and give you a heads up rather than reporting it to the school.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:55 AM on Dec. 15, 2012

• Sounds a little immature. Your son is 5?

5 year olds do silly things. I think it's inappropriate myself.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 10:56 AM on Dec. 15, 2012

• What I would have said to the bus driver after he/she told me that is. "And" The bus driver made it sound like he did something wrong. That to me he really didn't do anything wrong, persay.

Answer by louise2 at 12:04 PM on Dec. 15, 2012

• I completely agree that I should have been told and what my son did was inappropriate and wrong. But announcing basically to everyone on the bus in a very disgusted manor I just felt was a little much to have your five year old crying on the bus from emmarasement from a gesture of what he thought was being nice. I just thought it would have been better to have had a phone call in private instead of him standing up in front of the entire bus and being spoke to in front all the kids it is not like they stood up and made out in front of everyone. Like I said I know this is not appropriate school behavior.
    Precious41007

Comment by Precious41007 (original poster) at 1:38 PM on Dec. 15, 2012

• Why the hell is it his damn business. So what if your boy kissed another boy? I'd tell that bus driver to keep his eyes on the road and pay more attention to the kids who are being bullied.
    uwmilf

Answer by uwmilf at 2:18 PM on Dec. 15, 2012

• Lol very true at least he was not hitting other kids or picking on them!
    Precious41007

Comment by Precious41007 (original poster) at 3:40 PM on Dec. 15, 2012

• I'm getting the impression that the tone rather than the message is the real problem here? It wouldn't hurt to call the bus barn and talk to the supervisor about it. Presumably the driver also drives high school age kids where there very well may be glbt students on the bus.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:54 PM on Dec. 16, 2012