The Blame Game... Is not having God in public schools really to blame?

This is going around FB... My heart as I know every else's goes out to all of these families, but
do you honestly believe that keeping God out of the public schools is the reason behind this horrific day?

My response to this (and I am sure will not go over well ) was this:

"You Don't Need God in our schools if HE is already in OUR Hearts..
Not having God in this school did not create what this Monster did."

Does keeping a religion in schools/work places/ etc... really prevent things like this from happening or is this another way for some religious ppl (not all) to blame a mass of ppl who wish to work and play in a more even field?

gmasboy

Asked by gmasboy at 9:16 AM on Dec. 15, 2012 in Religious Debate

• it's just like blaming guns and the 2nd amendment . It goes both ways. This has nothing to do with a godless society it has to do with a mental ill person who broke into the school and killed people and then himself. This is not about anything else but that. Guns do not shoot themselves and more god in school will not prevent this from happening.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 9:43 AM on Dec. 15, 2012

• Why not just focus on helping these ppl get thru this instead of blaming something or someone?

gmasboy
    ***********************

There ALWAYS has to be blame somewhere other than jsut- that guy was crazy. People look for REASONS to help understand, and a lot of time that blame just takes away from the real issues if you ask me.
    Look at Columbine- the media went on and on about the trenchcoats, and the music and whatnot but did we really hear what the actual problems were? Not really.

Things like this give the hardcore religious people a chance to...promote God or to cry that everyone is trying to take him out of everything. Sad really, why not look at the REAL reasons for the trajedy?
    UGH
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:44 AM on Dec. 15, 2012

gmasboy
    ***********************

UGH
    charlotsometimes
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I so agree with you.... they focus on such mundane things instead of the REAL truth
    gmasboy

Comment by gmasboy (original poster) at 9:46 AM on Dec. 15, 2012

• You know- my sisiter is schizophrenic ( pretty badly) and about a year and a half or so ago, she was not doing well at all and long story short- ended up setting her apt. on fire which spread to 6 or 7 other apts. She was arrested and whatnot, but did ANY of the news channels mention her illness at all? NO.
    Very frustrating
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:50 AM on Dec. 15, 2012

• No not having God in your life is not the culprit here, pure evil is and the fact that mass weapons are so readily available....

by older
    ------------------------------------------------

nor is having gun control... if we control who can and can not buy guns, then the REAL evil will win bc the bad will always
    be the one getting what the good can't....

gmasboy

Comment by gmasboy (original poster) at 9:50 AM on Dec. 15, 2012

• I cannot wrap my mind around anyone seeing beyond the loss experienced yesterday to promote their own fucked and twisted agenda.

So sick of hearing about gun control, teachers carrying guns, and God in schools.

Pro god anti god pro gun anti gun....its all bullshit that they are using this to promote any agenda.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on Dec. 15, 2012

• I find it heart wrenching that people are using this terrible loss as a way to promote their own agenda. Gun control is NOT the problem. "God-less" (what the hell ever that means) schools are NOT the problem. The biggest problem, as I see it, is that this man was clearly mentally ill and NO ONE did anything to help him cope or overcome that illness. I mean, yes I do feel there is a need for stricter securtiy at schools, but I also know that if a madman wants to do something bad enough, they will do it, no matter what kind of security (or "god shield") they face.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 10:27 AM on Dec. 15, 2012

• Horrible that crazed shooter had nothing to do with God. He could've just as easily gone on a shooting spree in a private religious school. It's sad that this tragedy has, yet again, become an excuse to further push the "God & Guns" agenda.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 10:43 AM on Dec. 15, 2012

• No than young man made a choice. It is his fault. Others may have contributed to the decision but HE made the choice and He did the actions.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:48 AM on Dec. 15, 2012

• No one put up a god barrier and said he couldn't come in. There isn't a special god force-field keeping him out. Just because we don't force kids to pray at school doesn't mean he can't be there with those who do believe. That is the stupidest argument ever. Sorry, but if your faith needs that much validation then it isn't faith at all.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 12:25 PM on Dec. 15, 2012