The Blame Game... Is not having God in public schools really to blame?

This is going around FB... My heart as I know every else's goes out to all of these families, but
do you honestly believe that keeping God out of the public schools is the reason behind this horrific day?

My response to this (and I am sure will not go over well ) was this:

"You Don't Need God in our schools if HE is already in OUR Hearts..
Not having God in this school did not create what this Monster did."

Does keeping a religion in schools/work places/ etc... really prevent things like this from happening or is this another way for some religious ppl (not all) to blame a mass of ppl who wish to work and play in a more even field?

gmasboy

Asked by gmasboy at 9:16 AM on Dec. 15, 2012 in Religious Debate

• Yeah I saw that shirt too and I said the same thing. I am atheist but this was my explanation, "If you are a true believer then your god cannot be removed or placed out because of a brick wall. This has nothing to do with not allowing god in schools because everyone is allowed time to pray and should be done before you go to your work or school but either way, this again has nothing to do with it."
    Jessplus31979

Answer by Jessplus31979 at 10:41 AM on Dec. 31, 2012

• God IS allowed in schools. Children are allowed to pray, to read their Bibles, to speak of God, to wear a cross on a chain around their neck. Children are also allowed to pray to a different God or Goddess or not pray at all. They are allowed to read the Koran or the teachings of Buddha. They are also allowed to speak of these things and to wear symbols of their faith. Teachers too are allowed to pray and wear their jewelry.

I do not see how forced lip-service to one idea of the Divine suddenly lets God back into schools, when God is already brought in by the heart of those who believe.

And say we do "bring God back" in a way that appeases those crying out that God is not allowed in schools, how does that happen? Who's idea of God? Even amongst Christian there is not agreement on how God is worshiped and experienced. So, who decides?
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 1:34 PM on Dec. 18, 2012

• I believe in prayer in a time when people need comforting, but I don't believe prayer protects you from those who mean to do you harm. They don't care if you pray or not, their only mission is to kill.
    uwmilf

Answer by uwmilf at 1:19 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 2:32 PM on Dec. 16, 2012

• If one TRULY believes in God, they don't NEED school led prayer. They can no more take God out of the schools than they can remove every drop of blood from their bodies and survive.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:21 PM on Dec. 16, 2012

• If you believe that the all-powerful judeo-christo god can be kept out of schools because mere men say so, then you aren't believing hard enough are you? It's a comforting excuse for the god zombies I suppose--it helps them keep believing that there is an all-powerful being who gives a damn about them, when all the proof is to the contrary. For me, it's just another proof positive that there isn't anybody looking out for us--except US!!
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 10:30 PM on Dec. 15, 2012

• Do these idiots actually believe that if those kids were forced to recite a prayer before class, that this tragedy would not have happened? Really?

Yes, they do. I saw on CNN's site that Huckabee has jumped on the bandwagon, but he got so much hate in the comments section of the article, CNN locked them down after 4 pages.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:12 PM on Dec. 15, 2012

• This is an easy way to try to make a (lame) point about their agenda. God resides in your heart. Anyone who believes this rhetoric lacks faith in their god and are scared little pussies bc they know this shows just how absent their god truly is.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 4:56 PM on Dec. 15, 2012

MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 4:43 PM on Dec. 15, 2012

• How would God not being in schools be relevant here anyway? Teaching children about God could in no way prevent a non-student, adult man from outside the school from coming in and doing harm.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 4:26 PM on Dec. 15, 2012