The Blame Game... Is not having God in public schools really to blame?

This is going around FB... My heart as I know every else's goes out to all of these families, but
do you honestly believe that keeping God out of the public schools is the reason behind this horrific day?

My response to this (and I am sure will not go over well ) was this:

"You Don't Need God in our schools if HE is already in OUR Hearts..
Not having God in this school did not create what this Monster did."

Does keeping a religion in schools/work places/ etc... really prevent things like this from happening or is this another way for some religious ppl (not all) to blame a mass of ppl who wish to work and play in a more even field?

gmasboy

Asked by gmasboy at 9:16 AM on Dec. 15, 2012 in Religious Debate

• God is in schools--At least in mine. I pray in school. I am allowed to do so, as long as I don't lead the kids in prayer. I pray to keep my sanity with a difficult child or a difficult parent. I pray for patience. I prayed yesterday after hearing about the violence in CT.

layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:19 AM on Dec. 15, 2012

• So how would that stop someone hell bent on hurting others and then taking his own life?? Does praying form a protective force field around the school?

Wasn't there a shooting at an AMISH school a few years back?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:22 AM on Dec. 15, 2012

• *sigh* no

Anyone who believes in God carries that with them wherever they go.

There are so many issues that lead to things like this and God is not one of them
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:24 AM on Dec. 15, 2012

• *there has also been violence that has come from people who are beilevers in God as well so...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:26 AM on Dec. 15, 2012

• "You Don't Need God in our schools if HE is already in OUR Hearts..

Exactly!
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 9:30 AM on Dec. 15, 2012

• People are stupid. I just saw a post from a radio station in Georgia that said "guns aren't the problem, a godless society is" omfg.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:32 AM on Dec. 15, 2012

• Violence can happen anywhere.  

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 9:33 AM on Dec. 15, 2012

• Why not lay blame on where it's rightfully due?

Is this just a way for some to make others feel guilty bc God isn't everywhere ?

I'm sorry I believe (not in the Christian sense of beliefs), yet I did not blame the Goddess for this horrid act, I blame the shooter... should I be out there screaming that if the Goddess was allowed in schools/work places that these things would not happen?

Why not just focus on helping these ppl get thru this instead of blaming something or someone?

gmasboy

Comment by gmasboy (original poster) at 9:35 AM on Dec. 15, 2012

• No not having God in your life is not the culprit here, pure evil is and the fact that mass weapons are so readily available....

Answer by older at 9:39 AM on Dec. 15, 2012

• They're using the tragedy to push their delusional agendas.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:40 AM on Dec. 15, 2012