How do you break

how do you break off a relationship that your not happy in? were not married we dont have children together( i have 2 from a different relationship) but we have been together for 5 months. hes a great guy but hes just not the guy for me. id still like to be a friend to him but i dont want to be in a sexual relationship anymore. the past few weeks ive realized im still in love with my ex(my girls dad) and i really dont want to hurt him so how can i let him down easily without making him feel bad or that this is bc of him???? not to mention we barly see eachother threw the week or the weekend and we dont really talk much. :( any advise???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:13 PM on Dec. 15, 2012 in Relationships

• Sit him down & have a talk. Be honest. It's going to hurt anyway, at least he knows the truth.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:15 PM on Dec. 15, 2012

• I would just say I need some time to myself now as I deal with whats going on in my thoughts.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 1:16 PM on Dec. 15, 2012

• tell him in a nice way
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 1:27 PM on Dec. 15, 2012

• I think you already know what you need to do your just looking for support listen to your instincts. May I suggest not leaving the door open and forget about being friends that urge is only there cause you subconsciously need someone to fall back on in-case baby daddy doesn't work out again. Kinda selfish let the poor guy move on.
    pinkparcel

Answer by pinkparcel at 1:30 PM on Dec. 15, 2012

• I would just be honest and say that you just don't see a future with him. That you think he is a wonderful person, but that he deserves to have someone that is able to love him the same way in return and that you just aren't there and don't see that person being you. Make a lot of "I" statements and not "you" statements so that he understands that these are your own feelings, not something he did to make you feel that way. Sort of the 'it's not you, it's me' kind of thing.

I think for the most part you should know within the first couple of weeks if the person you are dating is someone you could see yourself growing old with.  Considering you don't see or talk often it would take longer to know that.  If you don't see each other that often and don't talk too often, breaking it off shouldn't be too difficult.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 1:37 PM on Dec. 15, 2012

• So you hardly ever see this guy or talk? You have only known him 5 months? Just tell him this is not working for you( the relationship) or lack of relationship.

Answer by louise2 at 1:52 PM on Dec. 15, 2012

• The truth is always the best policy in this kind of situation....

Answer by older at 1:53 PM on Dec. 15, 2012

• It is not going to be easy, nothing like that ever is...but you can do it. If you are not happy with what your current relationship is, but are close enough to him to be able to talk to him, then take a good time when the two of you are alone and just let it all out...he will be shocked and sad, but truly, the longer you wait, the harder it is going to be for you to tell him...
    madmueller

Answer by madmueller at 2:25 PM on Dec. 15, 2012

• i deff want to be open and honest with him for sure..thanks for all the advise ladies!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:39 PM on Dec. 15, 2012

• My best advice is not to initiateany contact and just let it die a natural death. If it comes up just say that you don't hardly see each other now and you feel if it was right for both of you you would want desperately to see each other all the time.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:21 AM on Dec. 16, 2012