Is this just me, or can you taste or smell the grease?

When you buy a soda from a restaurant or the gas station (if they fry food there), can you taste or smell the grease on your cup and straw, or am I just weird?

m-avi

Asked by m-avi at 4:40 PM on Dec. 15, 2012 in Food & Drink

• Sometimes and it gags me!

My oldest sons first job was a fry cook for DQ, and OMG he reaked after work of grease. I remember making him strip down in the garage before he could come into the house, lol
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 4:45 PM on Dec. 15, 2012

• I notice it in McDonald's coffee (which is why I avoid McDonald's coffee at all costs)
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:41 PM on Dec. 15, 2012

• Sometimes I can.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 4:41 PM on Dec. 15, 2012

• Grease in general makes me nauseous. After I cook pancakes or sausage links or anything on the stove that requires frying, I have to clean the stove off right away after it cools or the smell will drive me insane.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:47 PM on Dec. 15, 2012

• Me too tnm!
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 4:49 PM on Dec. 15, 2012

• I've never noticed it on my cup or straw, but I do smell it when I go into places like that. I worked at KFC when I was in high school, and the smell of grease made me gag back when I worked there. I hated it, and I didn't eat fast food for ages after I worked there (although I do again now, sometimes). I'm still not a real fan of the smell, even when we use our deep fryer here at home (which is also rare).
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 5:07 PM on Dec. 15, 2012

• On certain things I can and it grosses me out.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 6:04 PM on Dec. 15, 2012

• I can't say I ever have.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 7:04 PM on Dec. 15, 2012

• Um no. But most of the restaurants here have their fountain drink areas in front of the counter where customers can fill them themselves.
    Anonymous

• even when I go into a gas station that fries food... I can't stand the smell and I feel like it's on my clothing.
    m-avi

Comment by m-avi (original poster) at 4:45 PM on Dec. 15, 2012