Is there anything I can do to keep this creep from texting me?

For a little over a year now, this guy has been sending me text messages. It started last October with this text- Him- Hey cutie
Him- U up
me- wrong number
Him- Yahoo?
me- wrong number

Then in January he texted me again with "Hi" I responded by asking him to stop texting me. He texted Hi to me again in April and twice in May (I ignored these). When he texted me the second time my husband was with me and I told him about the texts. He called the guy and told him to stop texting me. That seemed to have worked until he texted me again today. I have had a stressful week and that was my final push. I called the guy and chewed him out and told him to not contact me again. I have AT&T and have been told that I can not block his number. Is there anything that I can do? 

JeremysMom

Asked by JeremysMom at 7:13 PM on Dec. 15, 2012 in Technology

• I'm sure there a way to block a number. Ask your carrier.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 7:15 PM on Dec. 15, 2012

• Who's your carrier? I have AT & T and we have a feature called Smart Limits. You can block up to 30 numbers with that. I've had some texts like that, but I just block them.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:16 PM on Dec. 15, 2012

• When I called AT&T earlier this year, they told me that I couldn't block numbers. I will give them a call again and inquire about the Smart Limits.
    JeremysMom

Comment by JeremysMom (original poster) at 7:18 PM on Dec. 15, 2012

• I have AT&T and I block numbers all the time...my dil is a drama queen and changes phone numbers constantly. Im always blockung her
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 7:18 PM on Dec. 15, 2012

• I find it hard to believe AT&T doesn't have that installed, I know Verizon does. Instead of calling, check their website and look for either parental controls or safety controls - it's usually under that.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:19 PM on Dec. 15, 2012

• Take it to the police station next time he texts you and have THEM call him. I bet that will work! :)
    Anonymous

• It's called Smart Limits and it's 4.99 a month. You can block up to 30 numbers.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:27 PM on Dec. 15, 2012

• m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:29 PM on Dec. 15, 2012

• My husband is an officer at the Sheriff's office. When my husband called he mentioned that and I thought that would take care of it. I looked up my account and I found out that in order to block numbers it cost $5 a month. Not sure if this jerk is worth $60 a year.

JeremysMom

Comment by JeremysMom (original poster) at 7:29 PM on Dec. 15, 2012

• Do you know who it is or is it some random person? How long have you had your number?
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 7:54 PM on Dec. 15, 2012