I've finally entered the 21st century!

I bought my very first flat screen tv yesterday, and got it set up tonight. I'm in deep love.

Our old tube tvs are still going to be in use, they're just going upstairs now. I figure its a nice upgrade for the kids from their smaller tube tv, and the one hour a week I actually watch tv in bed won't bug me so much.

Anyone else keeping their relics around because they still enjoy them?

Ginger0104

Asked by Ginger0104 at 8:03 PM on Dec. 15, 2012 in Entertainment

• I bought mine 3 weeks ago! I am donating my old one, it's huge and we really have no use for it anymore.
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 9:05 PM on Dec. 15, 2012

• We have yet to buy a flat screen tv. We have had our 32" tv since 2002 and see no reason to get rid of/replace a perfectly good tv. However, in the next 2-3 years we may do what you did and buy a flat screen and put the tv in our son's room. 

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:06 PM on Dec. 15, 2012

• We just got a flat screen earlier this year. Sold the tube to someone who needed a good cheap tv, still have a couple older tubes in use yet.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 9:28 PM on Dec. 15, 2012

• Our bedroom tv is still the old kind .... but I do love our 50" LCD Flat Screen in the livingroom ....we got it last year on Black Friday! :)
    isismoon3

Answer by isismoon3 at 9:44 PM on Dec. 16, 2012

• oh flat screens are sooooo nice! ours is the one big expense ive ever allowed myself and its so worth it! we sold one TV in a garage sale for like $10 haha and theres a huge old console TV in our bedroom that isnt plugged in. the other tube TV we gave to my grandparents b/c they refuse to upgrade to a flat screen haha.

enjoy your TV!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:14 PM on Dec. 16, 2012

• We still have our old 32 inch tube tv. We moved it to our bedroom when we bought our flat screen. Strangely enough, DD has had a flat screen in her room for a couple years. It's cheap as crap (DH bought it in Iraq) but it suits a 4 year old just fine.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 3:01 AM on Dec. 17, 2012