What is your opinion as to why obamo is so obsessed with lincoln?

I know usually presidents have a mentor, but he is lincoln crazy. I kind of think it is because lincoln ended slavery. Do you have an opinion on it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:55 PM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Maybe because they are both from the same state.......so to speak.
    Anonymous

• Who is obamo?
    Anonymous

• LOLOL I was wondering about that too.
    Anonymous

• I believe that he is lincoln reincarnated, only taller, and a more modern style of dress. Do you think they did a seance?
    Anonymous

• Because he sees himself with a big statue someday. Hope it's near a flock of BIG birds to shit on him.
    Scorpio359

Answer by Scorpio359 at 1:09 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I wasn't aware that he was obsessed with Lincoln, but I was aware of the media's obsession with comparing him to Lincoln.
    Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 1:10 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Hes sorta into Kennedy too. Kinda weirds me out to be honest. Why would he want to be like two assinated presidents? Is he trying for a selffulfilling prohpecy? Weirdness.
    Anonymous

• He acts like Carter so I would think he would be obsessed with him.
    Anonymous

• YES, I figured it out last night on PBS. It has been proven by historians that any President in the past who has outwardly identified himself WITH Lincoln WON elections. The whole 200th birthday thing, Illinois, whatever. Lincoln was filled with mental problems, anxiety, ego issues, health issues, a crazy wife and 2 dead kids and numerous co-workers that wanted him dead. Why he want to identify with Lincoln, because it works. Clinton and Bush both did it, recited Lincoln numerous times and said they looked up to him.
    What do they have in common? They both LOVE having their picture taken.
    Lincoln will forever be known as the great Emancipator, now what does Obama want to put in the minds of Americans today that HE supposedly is freeing them from? Responsibility, Accountability, Bills, Work, Ethics, ALL OF THAT? Hmmm........
    US History books left Lincoln a savior, the real Lincoln is left for only Historians to know about.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 1:27 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• The documentary actually proved Obama is Nothing at all like Lincoln was. In fact, Bush is. Sad but true. Clinton was nothing like Lincoln either but the similarities in the Presidencies showed Bush and Lincoln to be very similar.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 1:31 PM on Feb. 12, 2009