Milk allergy ? Colic? Reflux?

Baby will be just great most of the day so I don't think it's colic. He will constantly want to eat when he's eating. Will vomit and spit up. Like he over eats. He has a rash around his shoulders and neck and chest think its a heat rash. He does have some occasional watery diapers usually they sound explosive. He is 7 weeks old and doesn't ever sleep longer than 3 hours wakes up sometimes from what I assume is gas grunting kicking won't sit still nothing calms him but eating. When he is crying sorta it's accompanied by bringing his legs up kicking and has hard right tummy and he will just want to eat . I'm going insane reading about all these thing, seems the 3 basically have the same symptoms. Did cut dairy didn't seem to make difference he is now on Zantac for a possible reflux. He does stick out his tounge and arch his back sometimes. He has a slight odor to his poop not sure if that's a concern saw it may be a symptom.

Jstubbs0818

Asked by Jstubbs0818 at 3:48 AM on Dec. 16, 2012 in Babies (0-12 months)

• He also which I'm not sure is bad when he may fart sometimes it is just a very small amount I'm not sure if babies chard like adult and have wet farts. He also has had a cold for over a week, or i assume its a cold very very stuffy nose sometimes he can't breathe. His nose doesn't run so I'm wondering if its not a cold he was just seen and they just dismiss everything I say because he's already almost doubled his birth weight, so am I crazy thinking something's wrong if he is indeed gaining weight so well
    Jstubbs0818

Comment by Jstubbs0818 (original poster) at 3:52 AM on Dec. 16, 2012

• Breast or formula fed? Is his poop foamy at all? Partially sounds like it could be a foremilk/hindmilk imbalance if you're breastfeeding - he's getting too much foremilk and not enough of the fatty hindmilk. Block feeding would help with that.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 9:19 AM on Dec. 16, 2012

• Since you mention cutting dairy it sounds like you're nursing. Please read this article:

http://kellymom.com/bf/got-milk/supply-worries/fast-letdown/

I'm 99% certain it is not ANY of the things in your title. The overwhelming clue? His incredible gain. Double birth weight isn't expected for months yet.

PLease drop by the Breastfeeding Moms group for more help.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:34 PM on Dec. 16, 2012

• sounds like an allergy
    escuchar

Answer by escuchar at 9:20 AM on Mar. 12, 2014