Preeclampsia??

im just wondering if this is safe and normal swelling on the nose? im 25 weeks preg with twins i dont have swelling on the feet or hands blood pressure & protein have been good im just concerned if swelling on the nose means i have preeclampsia?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:11 AM on Dec. 16, 2012 in Pregnancy

• A swollen nose doesn't mean preeclampsia. Were you injured in any way? Very odd location to swell without a reason, but preeclampsia is a combination of swelling, protein in the urine, and high blood pressure.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 8:15 AM on Dec. 16, 2012

• A swollen nose doesnt mean anything in particular. as the previous poster said, pre-e is a combination of swelling, protein and high BP. Just mention it to your dr at your next visit. Also look out for terrible headaches, vision changes (blurred vision or floaters), sudden weight gain, extreme swelling, and in general just not feeling well.
    shesliketx

Answer by shesliketx at 9:46 AM on Dec. 16, 2012

• Yes, face & nose swelling is common. I swear that my nose is bigger now than it was before I started having kids.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 10:33 AM on Dec. 16, 2012

• Haha well that's silly but no it doesn't mean u have preclampsia if u r having swelling just on your nose and u have no swelling else where no high bp or protein in urine. But if your concerned I'd ask your dr
    Babicakes24

Answer by Babicakes24 at 1:06 PM on Dec. 16, 2012