Approximately how much for a family of 3 to Disney World?

I plan on taking my kids next summer for DSs 8th grade graduation. DS will be 14 and DD will be 9. Any ideas? Including airfare from Chicago and hotels and rental car once we get there. Including parks and all of that. Oh and planning on maybe 5 days 4 nights. I think that should be enough...

jajumommy2000

Asked by jajumommy2000 at 1:00 PM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Travel

• Uh, you should def just stay in one of the disney resorts, a lot cheaper that way. If you go to the disney website you can enter in how many are in your family, how long you want to stay, etc. and it will tell you how much it will cost =]
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 1:06 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Staying in the second least expensive disney resort, with rental car, and one meal each per day as well as park-hopper passes runs around $5000 for a week long stay is what I have pulled up on their website just now. I'm not surea bout the flights. But if you go onto the website, you can choose the type of package (dining, etc) that you get, and the resort you stay at, and the type of rental car or transportation.
    www.disneyworld.com
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:44 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• You can go cheaper than that if you really want!! Check out timeshares we stayed at the Mystic Dunes Golf resort for $400 for 7 nights. All you have to do is take a 90min tour and then tell them NO at the end!! It is really worth it and you will get a great room everytime. That is where you are going to spend your most money
    determind

Answer by determind at 9:18 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• stay at a value resort and be more flexible with when you go and you can save a bundle! sign up with them for e-mails and deals too!! The booking phone # is 407-939-7741
    if you book before 3/31 and travel before 6/6 you can save 40%!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 11:26 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• we got a resort package... it was about 1500 bucks.. plus airfare.. also, we didnt get a rental car, cause once you there.. you didnt mention disneyland or world.. but regardless every hotel and resort has a shuttle plus if you want to go anywhere else, there is a shuttle for that... lol i'd avoid the car, all he restaurants are within walking distance, or eat at the park, thats what we did.. we went down for ten days... check the disneyparks.com website i think thats what it is.. they can build a package for you... and also, let them know its your DS graduation and they mightmake a special cert. for him... packages are big and small... good luck and have a great time!
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 11:22 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• My family is going next Friday. Myself, my husband, my 5 yr old girl and her cousin. It cost us $1,417. We are staying in the All Star Movie Disney Resort. It includes 7 nights and 8 day park tickets. There's promotion going on now for buy 4 nights and get 3 night free. Great deal!
    magle

Answer by magle at 9:08 PM on Feb. 21, 2009