Anyone under 40 have hormonal problems?

Just curious as to how many moms are under 40 and have hormonal problems, diagnosed or undiagnosed and taken bioidentical hormones or some other supplement for it. The medical community is split on this issue. Two docs told me that theres no way to check for hormonal issues and its not likely in a regularly menstruating female and two told me yes, it can and then did blood work or saliva tests which came back low. So now I am doing my own research. Starting with this question. Thanks for any respectful, honest and informative answers.

momofsaee

Asked by momofsaee at 1:01 PM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Health

• I am sorry that you had ANY physician dismiss your concerns--that was inappropriate and in my opinion unethical. There are many types of hormone disorders that can affect women (and men) at any age. Of course I dont know about your specific situation, and I think its really great that you are trying to educate yourself and not just rely on your doctors' statements. There is a strong link between the use of HRT's and an increase in cancer, and I would be inclined to think that the younger you start, the more at risk you might be (I am not a doctor, and this is not something I know for a fact). Depending on your symptoms, I think you should ask your doctor for a FULL blood work up--they should be evaluating not only hormones like estrogen and testosterone, but also thyroid function, blood count, any mineral deficiencies, etc. Good luck, I hope you find an answer soon!
    littlejreece

Answer by littlejreece at 3:38 AM on Feb. 14, 2009