Anyone else avoiding all this coverage? :(

Call me selfish, but I prefer to think of it as self preservation. I just cannot handle watching another second of coverage on the CT shooting. Seeing those pics & their ages is more than I can bare. My heart breaks for those families & the children who witnessed it. What about you? Are you feeling the media overload & flipping that channel? You almost have to if you want to maintain any kind of holiday spirit for your own kids.

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 9:07 AM on Dec. 16, 2012 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes!!! I agree with you often asking my husband to please give me a break and change the channel! and I am far from selfish, but the anguish is more than I can bear....

Answer by older at 9:11 AM on Dec. 16, 2012

• Sadly this has affected every Mom in this country. I havent watched it since yesterday morning but it is still on my mind.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Dec. 16, 2012

• I turned it off once I picked DS up from school that day, and have only read some of it on the news. There's no reason to keep inundating ourselves with tragedy, especially when we all KNOW half of what they're saying is flat out lies and speculation being thrown out just to keep people from changing the channel. The real story will be out in a week or so, after autopsies, drug tests, medical interviews, etc are done.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:32 PM on Dec. 16, 2012

• Yes, especially after seeing their ages. My son Kyle is 7. I just keep looking at him and hurting. 20 mamas lost babies just like my sweet little Kyle. It's so unimaginably horrible, I can't let my mind go there.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:00 PM on Dec. 16, 2012

• I am not following it either. It is almost Christmas and my family is up to their eyeballs in family traditions. I am not going to ruin Christmas for my boys over something I cannot change.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 1:21 PM on Dec. 16, 2012

• I am. It's easy though, we don't have cable or dish or anything so getting the local channels in isn't easy. I have no desire to try to watch anything about it.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 9:15 AM on Dec. 16, 2012

• Yes. I'm all cried out

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:16 AM on Dec. 16, 2012

• I'm doing the same thing. I'm watching DVR'd stuff from before this tragedy took place. It's too scary to watch live news coverage. My kid still has a week left of school before winter break.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 9:17 AM on Dec. 16, 2012

• I attended a Christmas village last night. I needed a break from all the painful stuff
    snookyfritz

Answer by snookyfritz at 9:17 AM on Dec. 16, 2012

• I have deliberately avoided it since it happened. It's too heartbreaking and I just can't stand it, so I've just completely avoided it. I know what happened, and where, and all the basic details, but I have not watched a single bit of news about it.

Of course, I'll also admit that I generally don't want the news, either. I usually go online to get whatever news I want to get.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 9:23 AM on Dec. 16, 2012