Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my husband abondone us, how can i take out his right to see my children

Answer Question

Asked by ayeka1025 at 11:43 AM on Dec. 16, 2012 in Preschoolers (3-4)

Level 1 (2 Credits)
Answers (10)
  • I would need more information to even guess at this.
    Did he walk out this morning, 10 years ago and has never been heard from.
    Did he say I want a divorce ad move?
    Have you been divorce formally?
    Has he tried to see the kids?

    Answer by Dardenella at 11:47 AM on Dec. 16, 2012

  • Well, if they are biologically his children- nothing. The court will almost always allow visitation even if it is supervised.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Dec. 16, 2012

  • You can't, that's for the courts to decide.... but you can file for child support ASAP!!!

    Answer by Crafty26 at 11:56 AM on Dec. 16, 2012

  • You probably would have to have proof he was unfit as a father. Or ask him to give up his rights then he wouldn't have to pay child support.

    Answer by louise2 at 12:04 PM on Dec. 16, 2012

  • It depends on your state. In WA, if there is no contact for 6 months the custodial parent can file for child abandonment and have visitation revoked, and possible termination of parental rights too.

    Answer by Rosehawk at 2:00 PM on Dec. 16, 2012

  • why would you want to take his children away? his he abusive? when did he walk out? i think your just doing this to hurt your husband and no courts will not allow you to completly take them away!!

    Answer by rachel216 at 2:08 PM on Dec. 16, 2012

  • Ask your attorney.

    Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:08 PM on Dec. 16, 2012

  • Are you still allowing his side of the family to see your kids though? It's not fare to your kids to have that whole side of the family taken away from them just because they have a bad dad. I know from experience. Kids need to know where they come from (family wise) And how long has he not been in their lives?

    Answer by RubyBlue82 at 4:06 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

  • I need more info, as far as him not having rights. that's for the courts to decide.

    Answer by TashaStar81 at 12:59 AM on Dec. 24, 2012

  • You probably can't.

    Answer by DDDaysh at 8:29 AM on Jan. 7, 2013

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.