7 week old is very congested and cries when she coughs

I believe my LO caught the cold but nothing is helping to relieve her symptoms. I've tried the saline drops w/ the bulb syringe but nothing comes out, I've tried the steamy bathroom, I have a humidifier AND the Vicks plug-in vaporizer set by her crib and nothing works. I can hear her frustration when she coughs and I can hear the phoenix but I just cant get it out. She's not running a fever but I worry it is something worse than a cold. Any ideas?

idealdreamer

Asked by idealdreamer at 12:04 PM on Dec. 16, 2012 in Kids' Health

• Hello all,

I couldn't wait for the Dr, I took her to the ER. They said she would be ok and sent us back home only for her to get worse hours later. Yes, agentwanda, you're right, she caught RSV and it turned into Bronchiolitis. She's now back home. Her last coughing episode was so intense that she soiled her diaper and she couldn't catch her breath for a minute. It was very scary, had me in tears shaking uncontrollably and 911 on the line. One thing I've learned- never dismiss a mother's intuition.
    idealdreamer

Comment by idealdreamer (original poster) at 10:17 PM on Dec. 21, 2012

• Did your baby have RSV?
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 9:22 PM on Dec. 21, 2012

• She is too young to not take her to the doctor, infants react different to colds than toddlers, I would take her in.
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 4:22 PM on Dec. 16, 2012

• how long as she had this cold?? i would call her ped asap or take her to the er...
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 2:03 PM on Dec. 16, 2012

• Dr. ASAP.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 1:32 PM on Dec. 16, 2012

• That's too young of an age to play guessing games. The Dr. is my suggestion.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:27 PM on Dec. 16, 2012

• She's too young to mess with trying other things for too long. She needs to be seen.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 12:10 PM on Dec. 16, 2012

• Time for the dr.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:05 PM on Dec. 16, 2012