How to keep your ds11 from being a total jerk?

My ds11 has been making stupid comments on EVERYTHING and it is really annoying half the time I just ignore it thinking and hoping he would stop but he hasn't. I've asked him to stop bc he is not funny he is just annoying the family. I don't know what to do.
My dh has already threaten to take his phone AWAY.

Venting...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:46 PM on Dec. 16, 2012 in Tweens (9-12)

• We have a 16 yr old son, and in order to get a hold of his attitude we had to stick to our word, and be a united front. If he messed up, we took things away. At 11 he didn't have a phone, only an ipod nano, so that's what he lost.
    You have to be fast with the reaction to his behavior, or he's just going to get worse. I have a sneaking suspicion that he has an "entitled" attitude. Take that phone away, and make him earn it back with good behavior. Tell him if he can go a full 2 weeks without a bad attitude, or bad comments, etc, then he can have it back.
    Our son didn't earn his phone until he turned 16 this past August, and he knows what he has to do in order to keep it. Good attitude, good grades, and helping out without asking.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:57 PM on Dec. 16, 2012

• Maybe 1st your need to readjust *your* attitude calling your son a JERK is not going to change the situation. I understand your frustrated but calling him names isn't going to change nothing.
    BeachMommy07

Answer by BeachMommy07 at 12:50 PM on Dec. 16, 2012

• I am sorry thiat is a hard age for everyone.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:51 PM on Dec. 16, 2012