How would you rate how the president has been handling these situations on a scale of 1-10?

I give him a ten, but a seven for lack of effort in getting the gun control issue on the fucking table once and for all.

Asked by Anonymous at 1:32 PM on Dec. 16, 2012 in Politics & Current Events

• I would say a 9

Answer by Dardenella at 1:33 PM on Dec. 16, 2012

• I give him a 10, he will address gun issue when he can...

Answer by older at 1:34 PM on Dec. 16, 2012

• I know but how many incidences have there been? I mean...I realize it's a sensative time, but for god's sake schedule a MANDATORY MEETING FOR IT and have that discussion! It's long overdue.

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:35 PM on Dec. 16, 2012

• I don't know. I guess I would have to hear what he has to say about Fast and Furious to say for sure. Unfortunately, he claims to know nothing of it.

Answer by QuinnMae at 1:35 PM on Dec. 16, 2012

• Sadly, this president has had to deal w/ offering too many condolences in his time in office. I think he's doing as good a job as any dignitary faced w/ such circumstances.(I rate him a 9 in that respect)  I will have to disagree with you OP on the gun control issue however. Sadly, that's not the answer when you are dealing w/ sick-minded individuals who are hell bent on causing this type of horror. They'd just find another way.

Answer by mrsmom110 at 1:36 PM on Dec. 16, 2012

• he has responded well with heartfelt press conferences and respectful cancellations of certain plans.

As far as his willingness to address 'the gun issue' I am glad he is not jumping on it. Laws created out of raw fear are never a good idea. Not to mention lack of gun control had nothing to do with this. Lack of self control did.

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:39 PM on Dec. 16, 2012

• I agree mrsmom. They need to approach it on a deeper level like mental illness. Pills are not the answer.

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:40 PM on Dec. 16, 2012

• Yeah, because more gun laws will totally cure mental illness

eye rolling

Go read Charlotte's post if you want to see what needs fixing. 

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:44 PM on Dec. 16, 2012

• Isn't acting out of irrational fear how we got the Patriot Act and all its accompanying bs? I don't think we need to address gun control any more than to be sure that the laws that are already on the books are implemented. Throughout this administration, there has been a thread running that Obama wants to take our guns, and people have been reacting to that. They have been buying guns like there is no tomorrow, the gun manufacturers have waiting lists for months, even years for some models! I don't think that proposing to limit gun ownership is the way to solve this problem. That only serves to increase the number of guns that people own.

Answer by 29again at 1:47 PM on Dec. 16, 2012

• MENTAL HEALTH issues...need to be better dealt with

guns is a small part of it all-

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 1:49 PM on Dec. 16, 2012