Do you feel it is right during exam time for kids/teens

to take away computer games and Xbox so that they will study?

madmueller

Asked by madmueller at 1:37 PM on Dec. 16, 2012 in

• Limit it to maybe 1 hour a day and explain why this restriction is being done temporarily. Make sure they know that once exams are over and if they have done well, that their privileges will resume. If they still whine and complain, have them come speak with me. Once they hear how deprived my childhood was, they'll start to be grateful for parents that can afford to buy them electronics and games. I am a gamer, too, by the way but I didn't start gaming until I could afford to later on in life. My games back then were paper, rocks and twigs - serious!
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 1:16 AM on Dec. 17, 2012

• No. Why make an already stressful time more stressful? They should have plenty of time for both studying and relaxing long before finals week arrives, otherwise it's their overall schedule that's a problem, not finals week.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:07 PM on Dec. 16, 2012

• no- my daughter never had a probelm

my son has issues all the way around and usually- it's not the testing that is the problem for him.

*I think it depends on the kid
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 1:47 PM on Dec. 16, 2012

• I agree, limit but not take away completely. They need a break from studying. There is only so much they can cram into their brains anyway.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 1:40 PM on Dec. 16, 2012

• limit yes... take away isn't always a good answer b/c some down time is also needed at that time as well...

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 1:38 PM on Dec. 16, 2012

• I'd cut back on it, but not eliminate it completely. They need some down time to unwind. You can't study 24/7.

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 1:38 PM on Dec. 16, 2012