What do you do when you are a sick and your single mom

I am trying to catch up on so much stuff and I just feel aweful and my dd wants to play and all i want to do is lay down. how do you all single moms handle this? this is my first time being away from family .

lambdarose

Asked by lambdarose at 1:41 PM on Dec. 16, 2012 in Health

• aww. Well how old is she? I'm sorry :(
    BeachMommy07

Answer by BeachMommy07 at 1:46 PM on Dec. 16, 2012

• Usually I let things go that can wait till I am better. We do movie time so I can lay on the couch and keep an eye on DS at the same time. We order pizza or do simple things for meals. I put off what I can put off and get as much sleep as possible. It is hard, but you will get through it.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 1:47 PM on Dec. 16, 2012

• The same thing most of us do even if we aren't single....like Kmath said, do what you can, go for the things that don't require much activity and rest whenever possible, and talk to your children, tell them mommy is sick and needs them to cooperate......hang in there.....

Answer by older at 1:50 PM on Dec. 16, 2012

• she is 3. I only have a love seat right now becaus I just moved and she watches alot of tv right now but we are managing I guess. I am going to sit on the reclincer tonight but I have to get ready for work and school so I can't blow of everything and there is always something.
    lambdarose

Comment by lambdarose (original poster) at 1:50 PM on Dec. 16, 2012

• movies coloring simple things help me when i dont have family to help..its not easy but youll get through it i promis!
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 1:51 PM on Dec. 16, 2012

• I think if you are married its easier you have that other adult that can take the child. I can let go of some stuff but not everything. ...its just me.
    lambdarose

Comment by lambdarose (original poster) at 1:53 PM on Dec. 16, 2012

• Thanks everyone
    lambdarose

Comment by lambdarose (original poster) at 1:56 PM on Dec. 16, 2012

• Being married doesn't mean you have another adult to look after the child. DH and I work opposite shifts most of the time. We see the kids at the same time 2 nights a week and every other weekend. If I am sick- 98% of the time I am on my own. All you can do is what you can do and nothing else. Married or not.
    Anonymous

• I use to just put off everything I could tell I felt better. It is just you and the 3 year old. She does care about a dirty house. She just want to play and eat.
    Do what you have to and leave the rest for another day.

Answer by louise2 at 2:10 PM on Dec. 16, 2012

• movies
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:17 PM on Dec. 16, 2012