About angels . . .

As would be expected after such a tragedy, people are using whatever technique they can to understand and rationalize the deaths of the children who were killed on Friday in the safety of their godless public school.

Among those rationalizations is the insistence that those children are now angels, watching over the rest of us.

Something I've always wondered about angels, and how people imagine them to be is this:  When a child dies and is (supposedly) brought to heaven to be an angel, is that child forever the same age, then?  Would a child who died at age 2 or 4 always be 2 or 4 for the rest of eternity?  Are our grandparents spending the rest of eternity as elderly versions of themselves forever and ever?  Or is there some sort of transformation that makes them some timeless version of themselves - or to they quit being "themselves", lose their personalities, the lessons they've learned (or never learn life's lessons because they died too young), and become some formless, ageless, completely wise angelic drones?

How do you imagine angels to be?  If you believe that people who were "good enough" in life become angels for eternity in heaven, do you think they go through any sort of transformation?  Do babies grow up? 

jsbenkert

Asked by jsbenkert at 4:48 PM on Dec. 16, 2012 in Religious Debate

• Scripture does shed a little light on the purpose of angels. They reside in God's presence and were created before humans. Satan was originally an angel. I'm not sure why people think that when we die we become angels.

I can't recall any scriptures that address what we will be like when we die and go to God. I think all scripture explains is that we will have an incorruptible, perfect body with no physical illness. I think it's actually a beautiful thought that our bodies now that age and get sick and have limitations will be made perfect for eternity with God. I know some people don't believe that but that's what I believe.
    HHx5

Answer by HHx5 at 11:43 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• Angels are the creature of ALLAH. They are countless and obey ALLAH whatever HE says. The people even they were good or bad enough or babies who died of any age do not become angels. If you want answers of your questions you must have to read translation of Holy Qur'an. You will find all things happening in your life.
    kity-bity

Answer by kity-bity at 6:30 AM on Dec. 20, 2012