Has anyone see this?

Another one arrested with 47 guns in his home.

ARTICLE

DJDNY

Asked by DJDNY at 5:44 PM on Dec. 16, 2012 in Politics & Current Events

• Jesus!

How many times do we have to say that people like that have absolutely no business having access to weapons, until it's finally enforced?!?
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 5:47 PM on Dec. 16, 2012

• Based on what I've read here and on other sites, this is an acceptable occurrence. Any sort of discussion of the control of access to weapons, in any way, shape or form is an assault on the 2nd amendment.

Mourning the loss of life is simply something I'm going to have to get used to.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 5:57 PM on Dec. 16, 2012

• I'll admit I'm a little bitter about the entire conversation. I should probably stay away from it.

It's not something I'll ever get used to either. And I'm pissed that this appears to be the only viable option
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 6:05 PM on Dec. 16, 2012

• But we don't need gun control, righ?
    FreeForAll

Answer by FreeForAll at 6:12 PM on Dec. 16, 2012

• So a violent person threatened violence and was arrested before he had the chance to harm someone (not counting any previous abuse his wife may have suffered, but it doesn't go into that much detail about any reports she may have filed). The law worked as it was supposed to, and people are still upset?

If he didn't have the guns, are you suggesting the domestic violence threat would not have been responded to? Nevermind the fact that neither he, nor anyone else, can carry 47 weapons at a time, the sheer weight alone would make that impossible, so discussing it as if he were going to use 47 guns to do anything is overemotional and reactionary. Whether he had 47 guns or 1 gun or a baseball bat, he's an abusive husband. Period.

Would this even be in the news if not for what happened Friday? I know of 2 schools that were on alert last week, both only reported locally.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:56 PM on Dec. 16, 2012

• Unreal!!!!!!!!!!!

Answer by older at 5:58 PM on Dec. 16, 2012

• My heart is so heavy over all this.
    I don't dare read an article,watch the news because I'm in hysterical tears.
    I don't want to be scared that the people next door might be stockpiling weapons and may try to do something crazy with them
    How are 47 guns just protecting yourself and your property??

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:09 PM on Dec. 16, 2012

• I can't click the link right now, but who says you have to NEED a gun to own it? DH collects them. We have a friend who has well over 47 guns, over half of which have never been shot. He collects, in the same way one would collect stamps.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 6:27 PM on Dec. 16, 2012

• "How would one know he was violent if he'd never been arrested for violence?"

And there you have it.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 7:07 PM on Dec. 16, 2012

• My brother's father was a gun smith. He had over 700 guns when he died. He was a collector and a hoarder. When he died my brother got all of the guns...ALL of them. He didn't want or need them. But because of gun laws that were passed after his father bought the majority of guns, he was not able to dispose of them legally(California). So now he has a massive collection of guns.

If anyone ever went through his stuff, they would think he was a maniac. Just because you have guns, doesn't mean you are going to use them to shoot up a school.
    Anonymous