movement in lower belly

ok i was wondering about my baby's movement. i do feel him but it is always in my lower abdominal area i feel movement there alot but i was wondering shouldn't i be feeling him above my belly button n not below i am 19 weeks going on 20 by the way..

wiggsbabe

Asked by wiggsbabe at 1:24 PM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Not necessarily. Just because your uterus is at your belly button doesn't mean your baby is necessarily up there. S/he might like hanging out towards the bottom, or that could be where their little feet are. Give it to about 30 weeks and you'll be wishing it was just in your lower abdomen :) Congratulations!
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 1:33 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Well the baby could just be low and that's why you feel movement that low....I've carried my baby low through my whole pregnancy and he's always moving around alot below my belly button :)
    Aidensmommy2be

Answer by Aidensmommy2be at 1:34 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• well right now he has alot of room still...so he moves where he pleases.I never felt my son in my ribs or above my belly button until a month before I delivered!
    Anonymous

• I just have to say I LOVE THIS PLACE!!! I absolutely love cafemom!!! Everytime I feel like I have a question, or i'm really scared about something...some wonderful momma or momma to be, has been there too and it helps me calm down!!! And about the ?...my lil' peanut also loves to hang out in my lower tummy....=) she's very content down there for now!!! Sure it may change...but maybe not! Thanks again ladies!! x0x0
    Maidenmomma1

Answer by Maidenmomma1 at 2:49 PM on May. 25, 2009