If you have or had Mirena...

I've heard some horror stories about Mirena on here... I have it in right now and, though I have had no problems with it, its only been in for about a year and you guys are making me nervous.

So, do you have Mirena? How is it going? Did you have it? What made you take it out? 

Nicky2911

Asked by Nicky2911 at 8:09 PM on Dec. 16, 2012 in Health

• Had it for 2 years, zero problems so far. Love mine.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 8:11 PM on Dec. 16, 2012

• I had it for 5 years, never had any real problems. Only had to have the strings shortened a few times, because it would scratch my SO, besides that I loved it.
    sheloveearth

Answer by sheloveearth at 8:12 PM on Dec. 16, 2012

• I had it for 5 years and never had a problem with it. I loved it.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 8:18 PM on Dec. 16, 2012

• have had it for 4 months hate it! But i had my first one in for a year. Im blowing up like a ballon and i watch what i eat. My doc said some people gain weight on it. getting mine taken out. BUT everyone is different! dont get scared if you notice anything call your doc.
    Anonymous

• I had more a for 8 months. I was so sick, dizzy, spaced out, gained weight... Now on I am on paragard and I love it, been 2 years
    ZoMoMo

Answer by ZoMoMo at 10:09 PM on Dec. 16, 2012

• I had mine for the full 5 years, never had any issues. I really loved it! Everybody's different; I'm glad it's working well for you.
    KA91

Answer by KA91 at 10:38 PM on Dec. 16, 2012

• I got mine put in May of 2011, so I've had it in for about a year and a half. Besides the fact that I no longer have to spend money on tampons.. No issues..ever!
    MsViv

Answer by MsViv at 10:44 PM on Dec. 16, 2012

• I had it for 8 miserable months of hell. My body doesn't react well to that hormone, and on top of that I had an allergic reaction to something that caused side effects I won't gross you out with mentioning. Getting it was the worst mistake of my life and nearly drove me to suicide on several ocassions and nearly landed me in the hospital on a few others. I was in pain every day (not minor pain, I mean barely able to function pain), I was depressed the whole time I had it, I gained a ton of weight (while watching what I ate and exercising regularly), had all sorts of skin problems, hair loss, etc. Within about a month of having it out I was almost totally normal again. Everyone I know that's had it has ended up with minor to severe and life threatening side effects, even if it was fine for a year or two. I'm not saying you'll have problems, because plenty of women don't. I'm just saying that for me, it was the worst mistake.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 12:46 AM on Dec. 17, 2012

• I had it for 1 year. Had it taken out because I started getting really bad heart palpitations and could not lose weight. As soon as I got it out, everything improved, and I lost 30 lbs within 3 months. Didn't like how I bled all the time, either.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 1:26 AM on Dec. 17, 2012

• I have had mine in for almost 4 years now and have zero problems. I have gained a little bit of weight but the best thing about it is I have NO MORE PERIODs !!! so it's WONDERFUL for me :) ..I was actually worried about getting it because my sister had problems with it. But I'm glad I gave it a try.
    RubyBlue82

Answer by RubyBlue82 at 10:36 PM on Dec. 18, 2012