BF's birthday?

i dont know what to do or get him. His birthday is the day after xmas so im thinking just one gift.

A nice watch??

anyway, we are staying in and i want to prepare dinner for him. i am an ok cook but was thinking of getting something from a restaurant and bring it home and set it nicely.

i dont know what to wear... basically we are going to stay in, eat and you know the rest - for the rest of the evening.

i dont know if i should be casual when he comes in, dressy or lingere/ i dont want to do too much- this is the first time i will be doing something for some man.

How should i set the table.. lol should dinner be prepared on the table before he comes or should i reheat when he gets here? i need help ladies..

help me chose an outfit...

i was thinking this shirt  with leggings

or one of these dresses

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:17 PM on Dec. 16, 2012 in Relationships

• The outfits are nice...and if I were you I would set it up nicely with lots of candles and the food is up to you but whatever you have make sure it is ready to be reheated to be served, nice bottle of wine and soft lighting and music.....as far as a gift, have no clue!!

Answer by older at 8:52 PM on Dec. 16, 2012

• I like the blue dress. But you should wear something that you are comfortable in that you think you look good in. I agree with older on the food and setting the table. As for the gift, that depends on a lot of things. How old is he? How long have you been together? I personally like to try to get something that my bf will look use and know that I'm the one he gave it to. Since I don't know your bf, I will give you an example of what I would get mine. My bf and I like country music. Last yr for his birthday and Christmas (cuz it was very expensive) I got him 2 tickets to a concert. The yr before for Christmas, I bought him a grilling kit cuz we do a lot of grilling in the summer. When we were 1st dating, I made him a "1 A Day" love note bottle. I took an empty vitamin bottle and filled it with pieces of paper with reasons why I love him on them. Since we have a long distance relationship, he really liked it.
    Good luck!
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 9:54 PM on Dec. 16, 2012

• The focus should be on what he wants. If he is the type that likes to stay in, then the nice dinner at home is a good idea. If you are going to get dressed up, maybe save that as the surprise (dessert). Wear a bathrobe and then whip it off later. I don't think he cares what you wear, it's what you do. Make the food he likes, rent a few movies you know he'll like, or play some board games for real couple time (if he's not the ADD type that needs electronics). Guys like video games (Skyrim, Halo, WoW, Guild Wars, etc) but think twice before buying it if he's the gamer type that doesn't know how game in moderation (could create problems between you later). Electronics related gifts, like iPods, iPads, iTunes music cards, Netflix membership, Gamefly membership, etc. Have you asked him what he wanted to do for his birthday? Some people don't like to be surprised and like to be asked. You know him best.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 12:49 AM on Dec. 17, 2012