Anyone been on or are on the Dukan Diet? If so, any advice, been 3 weeks for me and doing very well

ZoMoMo

Asked by ZoMoMo at 10:11 PM on Dec. 16, 2012 in Diet & Fitness

• Never heard of it-
    I just count my caolories
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:22 PM on Dec. 16, 2012

• Of course your doing well, you are cutting calories drastically and because of that you are losing weight (along with muscle loss). You are doing nothing more than damaging your organs because you are not getting the nutrients that you need. 

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:29 PM on Dec. 16, 2012

• *calories
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:30 PM on Dec. 16, 2012

• I just tried to look this up- and you have to give a bunch of info- you email and make a password and everything else jsut to see what it is about.

NO thanks! What I am doing is working- I'm down almost 40 lbs so far
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:31 PM on Dec. 16, 2012

• Never heard of it. I don't fall into "fad diets" anyway. I've lost 6 pants sizes the old fashioned way.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 10:34 PM on Dec. 16, 2012

• I've lost close to 50lbs now by eating 1500 calories a day and walking.

And it was free!
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 10:40 PM on Dec. 16, 2012

• never tried it. I did the Stillman diet with amazing success though as well as straight low-carb. Funny enough I gained back every pound! Now I am using My Fitness Pal to eat healthy and walk. I am down 39 lbs since beginning of November. 67 lbs to go!
    Tesserae

Answer by Tesserae at 11:44 PM on Dec. 16, 2012

• The Dukan diet is all very well if you can live with the boredom of such limited food. PErsonally, I can't.
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 2:26 AM on Dec. 17, 2012

• I lost 15.5 lbs. with the Dukan Diet within 2 months, so I am pleased with it. I wasn't able to lose that much w/ WW or any other plan in the past, so it gets a thumbs up from me! Whether you are or aren't creative in the kitchen, it's relatively easy to follow. I also enrolled in their coaching plan for additional support. It helped that I could speak with a Nutritionist directly via email. 100 staple foods grow legs and make for many, many recipes btw so no boredom experienced here. :)
    KitKatMalone

Answer by KitKatMalone at 4:21 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• I did this diet last year once I stopped breast feeding, and it helped shed off the baby weight! It's definitely a healthy diet, so I will never complain about it. I did try their Whoosh supplement, and it's great for water retention. I always use it when I fly for work. I would recommend it, but you can test it for yourself.
    allana.nyc

Answer by allana.nyc at 5:05 PM on Dec. 17, 2012