Elf on the Shelf??

Any of you doing this? i just heard about it and think it's awesome! Don't really know too much about it though. When are you supposed to start it? How does it work?

exxOHjackie

Asked by exxOHjackie at 10:55 PM on Dec. 16, 2012 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Don't do it!!!! Just kidding (kind of). This is the 3rd or 4th Christmas that we have done it. It's fun but it can also be stressful moving that darn elf around either after my son goes to sleep or before he wakes up in the morning. Also, it's hard to do something "new" every day and every Christmas. There are some cute ideas on Pinterest though. You can introduce your elf to your kids any time you want to. Our elf normally comes the morning after we put up our tree.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:11 PM on Dec. 16, 2012

• I don't care for him but you can start now, and go to pinterest for ideas!
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 11:14 PM on Dec. 16, 2012

• I also just heard about him this year. I really want to do it! They are expensive, though, so I've been looking for a cheaper elf that I can use in the same way.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 12:53 AM on Dec. 17, 2012

• Things our first year. It is a bit stressful moving the elf lol. I'm already out of ideas! The book it comes with suggests starting right after Thanksgiving but we started the first weekend in December.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 1:17 AM on Dec. 17, 2012

• This is**** our first year lol.
    maecntpntz219

• We started doing it last year when DD was 5. "Snowflake" comes the beginning of December. Every night she flies to the North Pole to inform Santa of how DD is doing and every day she comes back in a new spot doing a new thing (yesterday it was roasting marshmallows with stuffed friends, today it is getting a make-over.."
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 6:48 AM on Dec. 17, 2012