Limited budget SAHM & gift for hubby

I am a sahm but I have $2700 saved on a debit card that is just mine. this is money I use to buy extra groceries and to take the kids out. I am very careful with it since it does not replenish itself.

My husband wants a $200+ tool set for xmas. I am contemplating whether or not I want to drop that type of money. I already bought him a video game. I am torn since I do not ever get more money. The money I has is left over from all the semesters of school I did - I was very careful to save the financial aid I didn't use on books and gas. I am done w/school btw - so no more card money coming.

Help please.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:42 PM on Dec. 16, 2012 in Holidays

• I would buy him something that was around the $100 mark. I would save the rest of that money for an emergency.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:45 PM on Dec. 16, 2012

• so another item worth $100 in addition to the $60 video game?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:46 PM on Dec. 16, 2012

• So how does he expect you to buy gifts?
    I am having a hard time with this one because the money that we make, or only he makes, depending on where in our marriage you are, was always OUR money.
    I am not a fan of either party keeping money from the other.
    Is he paying back your student loans? If that is the case, shouldn't THAT money be used for that?
    Me, I would buy him the tools. On the other hand It might be better spent on couples counseling.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:47 PM on Dec. 16, 2012

• we cant help you. either you buy it or you dont. we dont know your situation and can really only tell you what we would do in your shoes which still cant help you much.

personally, id buy it b/c i know my DH would love it, be surprised, etc. but then i dont have "me" money and he doesnt have "his" money, its our money and we make those big choices together.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:53 PM on Dec. 16, 2012

• i typed out a response to you, D, but I erased it. you are nasty and your response is uncalled for.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:53 PM on Dec. 16, 2012