A new polygimous family on TLC...

I've been knind of facinated with the Brown family on TLC since the show started. Now there is a new family they are doing a special on, the Dugars. They have a book out that I first heard them promoting on NPR, then they were on the Sister Wives show, and now they have theyrre own special. Anyone else follow the Brown family? Your feelings? And what's your take on TLC bringing a new plyg (sp?) family in?

LadybugTash

Asked by LadybugTash at 12:03 AM on Dec. 17, 2012 in Entertainment

• personally thats not my beliefs but i still DVR and watch it - i find it interesting to see how other people live! i plan to also DVR the New show - My 3 wives! lol
    futurebabykar

Answer by futurebabykar at 12:09 AM on Dec. 17, 2012

• I enjoy watching the show. I don't have anything against polygimists. It's not something I would ever do. I could NEVER share my man with 1 women let alone 3 or 4!
    JennieMarie1103

Answer by JennieMarie1103 at 9:46 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• Nope I don't believe in polygomy and wish for better programming. But then I don't watch a lot of the reality shows.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:09 AM on Dec. 17, 2012

• This is what Jon and Kate getting divorced has brought us to. It's all Kate's fault!

Honestly, I don't regularly watch any of the TLC "reality" shows because they're among the most scripted on tv, second only to real housewives. Even Jersey Shore isn't as engineered. I gave that one a shot, but after the first couple seasons learned about how much they were faking, even to the point of lying to their kids to get better reaction shots. The Browns did the show with a specific motive - one of the wives is a poly-activist and encouraged them to do the show to raise awareness before her lawsuit went to court. They faked the whole ordeal about having to flee Utah and move to Vegas entirely for the show, to make themselves more sympathetic. I wonder if the new family is party to the suit?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:51 AM on Dec. 17, 2012

• I haven't seen the new show. I have seen parts of the sister wives show. It seems like at least one of them is always crying when they do the little interview things. They always seem miserable. That said, they are all consenting adults so I don't consider their relationship my business.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 1:18 AM on Dec. 17, 2012

• I watch it but I do enjoy crap TV. Granted I dont have the time to "follow" any show regularly but I watch pretty much all of TLCs shows and will watch almost anything else with the exception of shows like Real Housewives, Bachelor, etc. I don't like catty drama. I watched Jersey Shore for it's ridiculous antics but when they got catty I'd switch.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 1:29 AM on Dec. 17, 2012

• I've watched it. The Dugars were the family who inspired the HBO show Big Love. I never watched Big Love because we don't have HBO.

It's interesting to see the family dynamics of a big complicated group of people.  I can't image living this way, it just seems to be a financial and emotional nightmare.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 5:41 AM on Dec. 17, 2012

• I've been watching Sister Wives. It's kind of like a car wreck to me - I know I shouldn't watch, I know I should be paying attention to something else, but I just can't help it.

I find it fascinating to learn about that lifestyle. I could never live it, but I find it interesting to learn how they do it. I do know that much of it is faked, which is why I would never base any opinions about the lifestyle on the show.

As far as the new show....I saw the ad for it, but I have no interest in watching it. Frankly, after one of the wives said last week that "I didn't know men could be bastards", I'm losing interest in Sister Wives. That comment was just the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:00 AM on Dec. 17, 2012

• TLC seems to air anything that will bring in the ratings. I am losing respect for that channel since joining Mose Gingerich's blog after watching Breaking Amish... Mose chose to use Nat Geo for his reality show and I now understand why.
    Ruthmom802

Answer by Ruthmom802 at 5:10 PM on Dec. 18, 2012

• Never heard of any of these people
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 11:50 PM on Dec. 23, 2012