School shooting/bombing plot

BARTLESVILLE, Okla. (AP) -- An Oklahoma high school student is in custody on charges he plotted to bomb and shoot students at the Bartlesville High School auditorium on the same day 26 people were shot and killed at an elementary school in Connecticut.

Police arrested 18-year-old Sammie Eaglebear Chavez at about 4:30 a.m. Friday after learning of the alleged plot Thursday.

An arrest affidavit says Chavez tried to convince other students to help him lure students into the auditorium, chain the doors shut and start shooting. The Tulsa World reports that authorities say Chavez threatened to kill students who didn't help.

The Bartlesville Examiner-Enterprise reports Chavez planned to detonate bombs at the doors as police arrived.

The school district says students were never in danger. Chavez is being held on $1 million bond.

http://www.wusa9.com/news/article/233803/381/Sammie-Eaglebear-Chavez-Arrested-For-Shooting-Plot-Of-Bartlesville-High-School-In-Bartlesville-Oklahoma--

I hope someone figures out a way to stop things like this, and thank God this guy didn't get a chance to try anything.

Hollyhock.

Asked by Hollyhock. at 1:39 AM on Dec. 17, 2012 in Politics & Current Events

• So this is three now? Two caught, and one who was able to slaughter all those babies? What the everloving fuck is going on with the world? I am honestly worried about sending my kids to school in the morning.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:45 AM on Dec. 17, 2012

• What's the 2nd one that was caught? The one in Indiana wasn't serious, but they arrested him anyway.

Incidentally, I know of at least one other - they planned to act last week, were reported, people contemplated letting their kids go to school or not. The only reason I heard about it is that it's the hs I went to, and people were talking about it on fb. It was not national news worthy, as this incident likely would not have been either.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:04 AM on Dec. 17, 2012

• No probably not, but it is scary for me because I live in OK, and that was a horrific idea that this kid had. Even though, thank God, they're not successful it's scary to think of how often people think of doing things like this.

Hollyhock.

Comment by Hollyhock. (original poster) at 2:13 AM on Dec. 17, 2012

• I have a feeling more of this is going to happen because people are seeing how much attention people are getting. What a sick sad world we live in today :(
    teeg1

Answer by teeg1 at 2:19 AM on Dec. 17, 2012

• Isn't odd that suddenly after a incident like this one that all the nut jobs come out, literally and figuratively, and hatch another potential mass killing. But upon further investigation, nothing was found??? Well most times. 9 times out 10 I'd say.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 2:20 AM on Dec. 17, 2012

• Well his bond was set at $1 million so I assume they found something incriminating, but it doesn't say. This happened Friday but I just heard about it today.

Yes I do think it's awful that things like this start putting ideas into people's heads.

Hollyhock.

Comment by Hollyhock. (original poster) at 2:31 AM on Dec. 17, 2012

• So sad. Some of these people really need their heads examined. Thank God that someone was brave enough to come forward before his plan "worked".
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:18 AM on Dec. 17, 2012

• when someone snaps
    why can they not go out in a real flame of glory

make some large wings, wear a custome, possibly with sequins for a more shiney effect, and sparklers attached to your ankles
    stand on a very tall bridge, wait until media shows up, wait until any and all people have been cleared from under bridge
    light your sparklers and then jump

more orginial
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 7:08 AM on Dec. 17, 2012

• id heard about that. im just glad he told other ppl who were then smart enough to tell the authorities. this stuff happens a lot more than we'd like to think...teenagers losing it and claiming/planning on doing all sorts of awful things. most never do more than plan and outside of OK most ppl wouldn't have heard of it if it werent for the CT shootings. it doesnt scare me for our future, or question humanity. there are sad sick ppl out there and they've always been there. we just get to hear about it more now.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 9:33 AM on Dec. 17, 2012

• on the same day?

Now does this sound to you like coordination like through FB or the internet or something.
    They are a little far apart to suggest personal meetings.
    I would like to know the motive, if they ever find one.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:13 PM on Dec. 17, 2012